Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Mobile phone data hotspot limits
  • dalesjoe
    Free Member

I’m looking to get a new SIM only deal. Due to work the more data the better. However, it seems most companies set a limit on how much data can be used if your mobile is being used as a hotspot. For example Three do unlimited data for £35 a month, but cap hotspot usage to 30GB. Does anyone know if this can be worked around? Eg if you connect your phone to a TV using an MHL cable or say a Google Chromecast? Not sure if this would be possible or if you’d be cut off once you reached the 30GB mentioned in the example plan?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Are you blowing 30gb? Working remote and all that with a lot of data intensity I don’t get there, What are you using?

timmys

Don’t think there’s a workaround. You mention connecting to a TV – Three have some kind of plan where Netflix doesn’t count towards your allowance if that helps.

dalesjoe
    Free Member

I work away & thinking of streaming sky sports. Would like a way of not having to watch on my phone all the time. Not keen on the huge phones so would like to use my tablet or connect to a TV

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Mobile phone data hotspot limits’ is closed to new replies.