Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Mobile phone contract question ( Humour me I'm old ! )
  • oldfart

Nearly 14 months into a 24 month contract with Tesco Mobile . The piece of crap phone is playing up , Tesco tell me it’s out of warranty so I would have to pay for any repair . As I haven’t bought the phone up front does it not belong to Tesco until the contract is up and therefore they are responsible for it ? When I complained I said ok then I’ll just stop paying and you can try getting the money out of me she said I’ll speak to my manager . A few minutes later she came back and said they were willing to reduce the amount I’d have to pay to upgrade by 50% if I wanted a different phone . Doesn’t sound too bad but I still think they should be responsible for the cost of repair , am I way off the mark ? On the subject seems to me never worth buying a phone in the first place surely a dearer way of doing it ?
    Just to clarify I’m not that bothered about phones that’s reflected in how much I’m willing to pay !

jb72
    Free Member

The phone is yours from day one. The contract is for the calls/data.

What phone is it? Many have a 2 year warranty.

nixie

No help on the contract however it can quite often be a lot cheaper to buy the handset. I used to be lead developer on a mobile phone site. The pricing calculation was a bit of an eye opener.

5lab

In consumer law a retailer has to provide goods that last for a reasonable time. Given the phone contract is 2 years, ‘reasonable time’ should be at least that length of time, so read up on your rights and pop back with them in hand

oldfart

nixie , I did a rough calculation on the Sony Experia L1 , buying it first then going Sim only over 2 years looked the more expensive option . 5lab will check that out .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Mobile phone contract question ( Humour me I'm old ! )’ is closed to new replies.