Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Mobile contract – waste time and lie about deals?
  • BigEls
    Free Member

Looking at getting an iPhone 7 or 8 on a contract.

What is the best deal you guys have got?

Why is there not a website where people can post their contract info to cross ref rather than sit on the line to Vodafone haggling and wasting time and them telling you fibs that would have the best deal going.

peterno51
    zilog6128

Moneysavingexpert has some good tips, a contract not necessarily cheapest in the long run. Might be worth checking hotukdeals as well, someone (Very?) was doing 20% off iPhone 8 bought outright recently.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Always use uswitch.
    iPhone 8

Here’s your starter for 10 linky.

I just got the daughter an 8, admittedly had to pay 150 up front, then 29/month for 2 years.
    O2, 12gb data unlim text and mins

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Wrighty – I cant see I deal anything like as good as that on O2, which company was it through?

tdog
    Free Member

Voda will bone ya leaving a mess.

If you or any family member have a three sim or deal already, you’ll save a chunk buying a new device on a new deal.
    Plus you can benefit from their travelling roaming included.

And usually if not always infinitely better coverage for 4G cross country in rural spots.

Hth 🙂

martinhutch

Got a 7 plus through Sky Mobile for less than I was expecting. Something like 25 a month over two years with no upfront (not much data though). Might have been a deal for telly customers, can’t remember.

Set it up, rang up Voda to cancel the current contract, 90 mins later still being passed around, despite telling them I had a new contract and I just needed out.

wrightyson
    Free Member

It was via u switch. Think end player was mobiles.co.uk
    I’ve bought phones from them in the past and got a couple of black Friday emails that I jumped on.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Whenever I look around for the best deals on phones when my contract is up I ask EE and they always beat the best by miles and miles so I stay with them.

But I have a method. I came across it by accident. One year I asked for my PAC code and they tried to keep me when I asked for it but they didn’t offer anything special so I got the code intending to use it straight away. I was really busy so I forgot to sign up for the new phone from a different provider. After about 4/5 days another lady rang me up from EE who again tried to keep me. However she just asked what I wanted then gave me an even better deal than I asked for. I think she was from a retentions team which had a lot more power to lower prices to keep people.

As an example last time I renewed I wanted an iPhone 7 with 128gb of memory and pay no more than my current £35 a month with 5gb of data. The absolute best offer anywhere in the country got me that with the phone costing around £150-200 IIRC. The retentions team after keeping my PAC for a few days offered me the phone above for free, £38 a month with 8gb of data. I was gonsmacked and signed up straight away and sold my iPhone 6 for £200.

I’m not saying t works all the time but it has done the last 3 times I renewed but only with EE.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Vodafone haggling and wasting time and them telling you fibs that would have the best deal going.

Your billing history will give them the guide as to how much they offer, if you’re a long term big spender it’s easy. If not why should they chase your business.

nixie

Mikewsmith to keep subscriber numbers up and reduce churn. The retentions teams will be incentivised on keeping you and will care less about how much you make the company than how much it makes them.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Your billing history will give them the guide as to how much they offer, if you’re a long term big spender it’s easy. If not why should they chase your business.

First time I did my trick above I’d been paying £30 a month for 2 years and that was it – I think nixie has got it right.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Mobile contract – waste time and lie about deals?’ is closed to new replies.