Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mobile contract increase— can i cancel?
  • walla24
    Free Member

So I’m sure it’s not just me who has had a nice letter saying the contract cost of my mobile plan will be increasing by x%

As this change occurred after I signed do I have a right to cancel without penalty?

I remember a few years ago Orange changed some terms and conditions so I was able to end my contract early.

mssansserif
    Free Member

I think they can add a increase due to inflation type charge without breaking contract. But not sure what figures are involved before you’re allowed out.

toppers3933
    Free Member

The letter I had stated in no uncertain terms that the % increase was in accordance with the amount they were allowed to increase it by and not be I’m breach of contract and therefore I had no right to cancel. It should have just said suck it up buttercup. That’s basically what it boiled down to.

walla24
    Free Member

Mine is +2.75%
    ….. pretty sure inflation is around 1.7%

barstools!

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Yeah, I got the same letter from Orange/EE. I’ve always known they’re within their rights to increase my monthly tarif….Orange was like that for many years.

Isn’t it great to know that something as important as the figure for inflation can vary so much depending on whether it’s being quoted by someone trying to charge you extra, compared to what the person paying you thinks you salary should increase by each year!!

spooky_b329

In the FAQ it says something along the lines of ‘contracts started before Jan 14 are not covered by the new regs so no, you can’t cancel’ enjoy your 2% rise.

crankboy
    Free Member

Orange rather stupidly tried that with me when I was out of contract . I am now a very happy giffgaff customer after ten years plus with orange.

popstar
    Free Member

Giffgaff +1

revs1972
    Free Member

Gotta vote with your feet on this one I think.
    I have been with orange for around 15 years.
    Last time I tried to leave they gave me what sounded like a good deal, but later on I found that I was having to pay for itemised billing, answer machine calls etc etc , so what seemed good deal, was no better than the rest, in fact worse.
    After receiving the same letter regarding the increase, I am definitely switching in September. Who to ? I don’t know as yet.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mobile contract increase— can i cancel?’ is closed to new replies.