Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Mobile 4G speeds are incredible !
  • nealglover
    Free Member

Yesterday in Leeds on iPhone

51.78 MB download.
    21.5 MB upload.

I had no idea it was going to be that fast !

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Wow, that’s impressive!

No good for me until Three remove the adult filter on my account though…which they maintain is not there but it is…only when I try to access gambling sites you understand…

Drac

Impressive stuff bit I’m with Vodafone so can’t even get a data network that works most of the time up here, they tell me it’s my phone settings of course it’s not but that gets them off the hook.

nealglover
    Free Member

Sadly not in York till January, but spend a fair bit of time in Leeds.

Can’t wait till its available at home though.

It’s 10 times faster than my wired Broadband :mrgreen:

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m with Vodafone

I’d been with them years till last month. I was so sick and tired of not having 3G, or even E, and quite often when working out in country villages, which is where my work takes me a lot, no bloody signal at all. I was only on SIM only month-to-month (can’t afford new phone on contract 🙁 ) though so I ended Voda and thought I’d try each of the other networks for a month on SIM only. I’ve been on Three, and have waaaaaaayyyyyy better coverage. 3G in the middle of nowhere most of the time. The only problem is if there’s no network, you get nada whereas Voda will mostly at least drop onto a GPRS so at least you can text and call. All I can eat data too, so can use phone connected to site radio and Tune-In app for stations not available on DAB, XFM eg.

Voda were a bit of a pain getting my iPhone unlocked, so don’t go opening a new contract until they’ve done that. But if you’re not in contract anymore, it might be worth trying other networks even on a PAYG sim for a while just to see who gives you better coverage.

zokes
    Free Member

I’ve had 60+ here in Oz on Telstra. Pretty damn amazing, until everyone else starts using it, I suspect…

oldnpastit

I used it last year in South Korea. It was totally amazing!

I had the choice of using the coporate wifi network, connected by some very expensive leased line back to the UK, or a rented 4G phone. The 4G phone was waaaay faster than the wifi.

The next phone I buy will be 4G.

retro83
    Free Member

Decent speeds, but I’m most impressed by the latency on that ping request. That is really good. 😯

You should see approx 6MB/s download and 2MB/s uploads in use.

Drac

Yeah Vodafone are great for voice calls that’s the one saving grace. When I’ve unlocked my last 2 iPhones they done it within hours of me requesting, I’m still in a contract so stuck with them for a bit.

tonyg2003

I use it loads of the time in the USA you just have to watch your data usage – it can get super expensive when every page loads up instantly especially movies/football

Travis

My clients in South Korea hate it. Whereas before the a simple message to the wife saying they are stuck in the office would do, now they have to scarper out of the KTV really quickly when the wife does a video call 😀

nealglover
    Free Member

You should see approx 6MB/s download and 2MB/s uploads in use.

I timed downloading of Copilot Live (568 MB) and it took just under 40 seconds.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve got it – the best thing is the latency, as above. Downloading things is a bit quicker but overall it’s a lot snappier to use. More like home broadband.

Although, surfing is still just as quick on my 3.8Mbps broadband at home!

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Shut up all of you. I can’t get ADSL2+ let alone 4G.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Mobile 4G speeds are incredible !’ is closed to new replies.