Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Mobi washer v17 problems
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

suddenly my mobi washer has kinda stopped working, it will kick in on either the internal battery or the car charge port

but when I use it, its making like a jumping pulsating flow of water, ie not very usuable and a ticking/clicking noise as it does so

is it likely to be the motor? is it even fixable?

tmb467
    Free Member

Might be the nozzle is blocked – if it is then the fuse will eventually go

Garry_Lager

Think mobiwasher have gone under, so there will be no company support / parts available. [Happy to be wrong on that, but I cracked a fitting on mine the other day and there was a comment on CRC to that effect]

Not to say it can’t be fixed, just that you’re looking at generic parts to get it done.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hmmm not really sure where to start, it charges fine (goes from red to green), so battery appears ok, could be the motor, could be the gun, could be anything inbetween, I had it 2012 (4 years this week actually) so cant grumble too much as its had fair use but its frustrating as I cant really ask/figure out what it even could be

grannyjone
    Free Member

I’ve got a number of issues with mine (won’t charge – charger light stays green instead of going red without having to re-try it a hundred times), leaks (flooded the car out three times now – that’s 51 litres of water) going to try to get it replaced by it’s warranty.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

well ive just had my old man look at it, and its the gun on mine (didn’t think it was the unit)

mines has an old style gun (compared to looking at CRC picture), so I need a replacement gun?? cant see any as spares on CRC?

hes got it to semi work, its because of the brass piece on the back of the gun, its basically knackered, but you can hold it in place and the flow will come through properly, but kinda hard to do whilst pulling on the trigger too, but least its not the whole unit gone

now where can I get a new gun?

barrykellett
    Free Member

I have used Aqua2Go fittings and spares on mine before

Garry_Lager

There’s loads of fittings / nozzles etc available for hose pipes on ebay, which look fairly generic standards, so maybe try there? That’s what I did for the cracked fitting I mentioned (although waiting for it to arrive). Or try B&Q or a garden centre where you could take the gun fitting with you so you’d know if it’s right.

Maybe there’s a third party site that specifically caters for mobiwasher stuff, but I’ve not seen one.

scotroutes

I converted mine to take standard garden hose fittings.

IIRC it’s some sort of “micro-bore” adapter.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Scotroutes please do tell how this mod is done please?

Just a standard havelok sprayer on the end?

scotroutes
    carlos
    Free Member

Dave, if your around Macc try http://www.richarddelaney.co.uk/

Might not look much but they have a hive of bits for pretty much anything and I’m sure they’d be able to sort you out with a 9mm hose connector to a standard trigger spray.

I’m sure they’d be able to tell you if they have anything over the phone, worst case take you bits in and explain what you want to do and leave it to them

Carlos

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers scotroutes – does that fit on the hose ok? is it adjustable to fit a different hose type? looks good if so!

cheers carl – ill try this mod first, as I’m not too bothered by which gun I use as long as its coming out at a good speed, , but if that fails ill pop up along with hose (oooo errr) and gun and see what they can magic, nice one!

zilog6128

is/was the MobiWasher not just a generic design? Therefore spares for any of the “clones” should work e.g. Aqua2Go as mentioned earlier or others if MobiWasher parts not available anymore?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

I emailed aqua2go earlier, the gun of theirs will work, but you need the connector too, its looking around 30 euros all in posted from holland

notmyrealname
    Free Member

The Mobi is the same as the Sealey PW1712 and as far as I’m aware you can get parts for that fairly easily.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Hmm good spot it does look identical! Cant seem find the gun seoerately though unless my google skillz are fubared

notmyrealname
    Free Member

It’s shown as a separate part here along with a part number if it helps.

http://www.sealey.co.uk/pdfs/parts/PW1712_P.PDF?

And a quick Google brings this up.

Sealey Spares PW1712.49N – Pressure Gun with Connector

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Cheers, ill ring around tomoz i reckon

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Mobi washer v17 problems’ is closed to new replies.