Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Mobi washer just spits out its connections. Total waste of money!
  • bomberman
    Free Member

Has anyone else had this problem?

I’ve had it for a couple of months now. When i first got it i noticed the nozzle unit was different to all the promotional videos i’ve seen online in that the trigger is at the front and lacks any sort of adjustment. I was a bit disappointed about that but CRC said they’d been having problems with the other one so accepted it. At first it worked fine, it was great for cleaning the MTB and my windows, didn’t have any problems with the connections. But now, i just can’t get them to stay in. It’s been getting worse and worse every time i use it but usually a bit of messing around gets it to a point where the hose stays connected for long enough to clean my bike, unfortunately yesterday was the death of it as it not only did it spit out it’s connection at the base of the unit but once i thought i had it sorted the connection at the trigger popped off. I had to finish the job with my foot pressed against the base unit connection.

Is there any solution to this? Assuming CRC refund me under warranty is there a better product with metal hose connections?

£100 is a lot of money for something that doesn’t work 🙁

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Mines worked faultlessly for nearly 5 years. Perhaps they’ve changed the design since then?

tpbiker
    Free Member

mine also been flawless for years…you may have a duff

soobalias
    Free Member

only had mine around a year, its been fine.

Northwind

Mine is pretty old now, it doesn’t do that. I don’t use it much tbh but I do like it

bomberman
    Free Member

It’s a real shame as when it worked it was great. Now it does exactly this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dboZBEVpug

bomberman
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dboZBEVpug[/video]

NOT my video by the way. But you get the general idea. Mine is the V-17, supposedly the upgrade to this one. I know the guy in the video tries screwing it in, which would make no difference. Just before anyone pounces…

rone

Mine only lasted a few weeks …

bomberman
    Free Member

was it the same problem Rone? CRC purchase?

BoardinBob

Metal connections. Mine has been bombproof

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Airace-Waterman-Portable-Pressure-Capacity/dp/B0050VDO1G

Doesn’t have a battery so needs connected to the cigarette lighter but perfect apart from that

damascus
    Free Member

Mine lasted 24 hours of constant use at straffpuffa. It was faultless.

Are spares available for this?

stumpyjon

The connections on the newer ones are different, used both types without issues.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Is that a one way cut off connection/valved connector? Just asking the obvious.

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

The hose connection always pops off on mine as well…. Irritating

shindiggy
    Free Member

Mine has done a dozen or so washes since Christmas and no complaints so far. Sure there must be a way to bodge this permanently?

jsync

Have you pulled back the collar, connected it then pushed the collar back to lock it in place? I have a cheap version of the mobi from chlas ohlson and it sometimes does this but is remedied by the above.

P20

Is different from a normal hose connector?

bomberman
    Free Member

Yeah they’re plastic lock-on type fittings, different to a screw in hose connection. I think there is some give in the connections due to the fact they are plastic. I’ve tried all combinations of pushing/pulling and nothing seems to work. In the instructions it mentions about bleeding air out of the system but even when I leave the trigger piece off and switch it on the base connection still pops off, I don’t understand where the pressure build up is coming from.

CRC are sending me a new hose and connections so hopefully this will solve the problem.

spooky_b329

I’ve got a standard 240v jetwash and it started popping the hose off the lance. The plastic sheath had ‘walked’ towards the fitting slightly and wasn’t connecting fully…a quick go with a stanley knife and I cut off about 2mm of plastic sheath and its worked fine since. Different fitting on the Mobi by the looks of it, but could still be the fitting bottoming out on the outer case or similar?

Watching the video again it does look like the case could be fouling the connector, especially as it slides off slowly when the pressure increases.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Mobi washer just spits out its connections. Total waste of money!’ is closed to new replies.