• This topic has 40 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Moat's brother
  • myheadsashed

Genuinely concerned individual or money grabbing chip off the old block?

Discuss 😳

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Leave the whole story alone.

pacemaker
    Free Member

Latter….. imho

jimmyshand
    Free Member

Or someone who has just lost a brother…

myheadsashed

Why would you have nothing to do with a close relative for years and suddenly pop up singing their praises?

He's also accusing the police of executing him!

fisha
    Free Member

not spoken to him in years … yet suddenly pops up … nah, I dont buy it … grabbing the limelight springs to mind for me.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I'd drop it before you get blocked

jimmyshand
    Free Member

Firing Tasers at someone who has their finger on the trigger of a gun that is pointed at their throat or head is one of the dumbest ways of trying to prevent that persons death that I have ever heard. I would be mightily pissed off too.

Timing of the firing of the Tasers is critical in this investigation. My thoughts are IF (and its a very very big if) they fired the Tasers first then they executed him.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Horacio off "CSI: Miami" would've sorted him out within 60 mins.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Gazza could have done it in 15.

smell_it
    Free Member

After listening to him I would have been happy if the police had tasered him till he shut up….

ScottChegg
    Free Member

If the rozzers were going to execute him they could have done it at 8pm and gone to the pub.

If I was plod, that would have been my preference.

Edric64
    Free Member

So the old bill executd him? so what he murdered someone .I spoke to an ex copper today who was a fire arms officer his view was that he may have pointed the gun at himself but it would only be a split second to turn it onto one of the policemen

jimmyshand
    Free Member

We dont have a death penalty in this country and the police and courts are separate for a very good reason…

This bloke doesnt look like he's taking it too seriously and doesnt look like the sort who should be anywhere near any sort of weapon either.

pacemaker
    Free Member

I said it before , forget the Police, he would have come in for DOG

iDave
    Free Member

the police bloke with the tazer does indeed look like a spanner

however, in his defense, he's looking directly at the camera/photographer – so, it could be that he was mouthing something along the lines of…..

"ffs can you move away from there, you're a bit too close and could fk this up"

just a thought

moats bro' is clearly a ****

kinda666
    Free Member

His eyes were dancing all over the place on the interview I saw!

BenjiM

however, in his defense, he's looking directly at the camera/photographer – so, it could be that he was mouthing something along the lines of…..

I agree the number of people I've spoken too or seen say something like "oooh he shouldn't be let loose with a taser", is scary, do they think it should be the norm for the media to be involved anywhere near police negotitations with an armed man?

This bloke doesnt look like he's taking it too seriously and doesnt look like the sort who should be anywhere near any sort of weapon either.

I think he IS taking it seriously and trying to tell the photographer to bugger off or something less polite 😕

Drac

The photo of the the Police and of the one of Raoul could only been have taken from once place and that was the opposite side of the river at the bottom of my parents' old garden. IIRC the press reported Raoul was distressed as he was saying someone was behind him maybe it was the photographer. The Police would be far from happy at this individual as you can see by that expression.

Of for his Brother, I have my opinions but don't think I need to discuss them on here.

boxelder

He looks like he's telling a 'Gentleman of the press' to **** off – and rightly so from my recent experience.

highclimber
    Free Member

I think that his brother has a right to be angry, he is (was) his brother regardless of the state of their relationship. case in point: I hate my brother, he's a benefit sponging baby making waste of space who has a history of drug taking and fraud, but I would be more than angry if he was to kill him self under, what seem to be rather dubious circumstances as I am sure some of you might be!

Lets hear what the IPCC and the coroner say about it all!

Junkyard
    Free Member

My thoughts are IF (and its a very very big if) they fired the Tasers first then they executed him.

well if i was the copper in charge and I wanted to execute the person with the gun at his own head i would have ordered someone to shoot him with a gun it just seems so much more certain.
    My if is just a big as yours yet seems so much more logical and effective.

brakes
    Free Member

KINGTUT
    Free Member

You have to be seriously hard of thinking not to understand the Police Officers reaction in that photo above.

Edric64
    Free Member

Moat died .good it saves us paying a bloody fortune keeping him in high security for 30 years

jimmyshand
    Free Member

I will assume that the impending IPCC investigation and him ending up dead will cost a shed load more than keeping him in high security or the state hospital for 30 years.

Edric64
    Free Member

OK but the prisons are overcrowded anyway .We could bring back the death penalty and empty them a bit more!(Daily Mail rant)

crazy-legs
    Drac

I will assume that the impending IPCC investigation and him ending up dead will cost a shed load more than keeping him in high security or the state hospital for 30 years

There would probably be an investigation anyway and the estimate for to keep a prisoner per year is about £40k. But money is not the issue at all.

tomlevell

OK but the prisons are overcrowded anyway .We could bring back the death penalty and empty them a bit more!(Daily Mail rant)

It works so well in 'merica

myheadsashed

Is it me or does the copper with the tazer look like Rik Mayall when he was in the Young Ones – remember SPG 😆

jimmyshand
    Free Member

Desription of what happened that has just been on the news sounds like a colossal **** up.

highclimber
    Free Member

The name's wik – R.I.K

scraprider
    Free Member

um hang on didnt moat shoot 3 people, i copper , his ex ,oh dont forget he killed the other guy, both c%"*s,

oh have we got a video
    good ole SPG

backhander
    Free Member

What's dermot o leary doing with a tazer and a helmet?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

good it saves us paying a bloody fortune keeping him in high security for 30 years

30 years ? Why 30 years ? ……….that isn't the normal sentence for murder.

And he could possibly have claimed manslaughter/provocation/diminished responsibility. Certainly his gf telling him that she had shacked up with a copper a couple of days before his release, even if it wasn't true, wasn't very wise. Presumably he would have got done for attempted murder of the copper though, if he wasn't able to prove that he hadn't actually intended killing him.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

30 years ? Why 30 years ? ……….that isn't the normal sentence for murder.

Well it mightn't be for like, murder of one person & a first offence, but he had attempted murder on him as well as leading half the country's cops a merry dance while armed. (As well as 'not his 1st offence')
    I think he'd have been lifed off. 30 or more years in HMP Frankland @ 35K a year at least.
    It's all to do with 'protection of the public' (LOL)

amodicumofgnar

A quick news summary would be:

Bloke shoots himself
    News wants to know why they didnt tazer him – then follows much talk about why tazering is bad
    Turns out he was tazered
    News want to know why they did tazer him – then follows much talk about why tazering is bad

Drac

Desription of what happened that has just been on the news sounds like a colossal **** up.

No, there was a few more details on the news and your speculating on what the media wanted you to hear.

jimmyshand
    Free Member

No – Sneak up behind the guy and tazer him, he then shoots himself and they taser him again. Sounds like basil fawlty was in charge.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Moat's brother’ is closed to new replies.