Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • moan moan moan…
  • monkeyfiend
    Free Member

I ache and just need to whine.

Sunday morning, I had a surprise couple of hours to spare, so cycled to my new haunt (417 Project) to see what it’s like after the torrent of rain we just suffered.

Did the Red and ended up OTB, so decided to stick with the Blue and practice my table tops 🙂
    Got tired, hungry and said those magic words ‘just 1 more’.

I’m not sure what’s worse, the discomfort that I’m now in (hopefully it won’t last more than a week?) or the fact that I now have a broken front brake, rear shifter, gouged handle bars and a dropper that no longer works (I’m too afraid to look closer as there’s probably more).

On the plus side my jumping technique has improved, however my landing technique obviously hasn’t.

I’m now banned (wifey) from returning there without my full armoured suit, so if you see a storm trooper doing a blue run on a hard tail, please don’t scoff as it’s probably for my own good, going on past history.

hooli

Unlucky mate. The words “1 last run” seem to be nearly as bad as “hold my beer and watch this”

BFITH
    Free Member

Some of my most spectacular offs resulting in breakages have been on the ‘last run’. 🙁

core

I crashed my rally car, resulting in a 5yr rebuild process on a ‘one last run’.

everyone
    Free Member

Definite curse of the “last run” there! If we’re doing anything like that we make sure to have “just 2 more runs” and go home after the first one.

bedfordrd

My mates and I now always apply the ‘always stop before your last run of the day’ rule when we go out.

Hope everything gets fixed soon!

neilthewheel

My downfall has always been “one more bun”.

buckster
    Free Member

“hold my beer and watch this”

😆

Feel sorry for you mate, I always go home immediately after just thinking one last run. If its any help, point your heals at the ground when you approach a jump, I learnt that after going OTB too

mcnultycop

I did a “last run” at Antur. I was on the last bus on my own. All went well until the final rock garden in the woods. I overthought it and fell sideways after slowing down too much. Bit hurty but no real damage done.

Next trip there, first run I had the “last run” in my mind and did exactly the same thing, but bent my brake lever.

Never do a “last run”.

BFITH
    Free Member

I did a “last run” at Antur. All went well until the final rock garden in the woods. I overthought it and fell sideways after slowing down too much. Bit hurty but no real damage done.

Are you me? Exactly what I did last year… I broke my collar bone, however…

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

Cheers guys, I don’t ‘like’ the fact that you’ve had crashes but it makes me feel a little better.

Wife is punishing me by making me cover up in bed incase she touches my scabs, rashes or bruises.

Downgraded the shifter to my spare, replaced the cable and noodle on the dropper (to find out after 2 years of use that there is an in-line adjuster built in FFS!) and decided I’ll take the brakes off of my summer bike until I find a better solution (stupid Avid matchmaker weak ass mounting point).

In the mean-time, everybody stop crashing.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Never do a “last run”.

I like “one last run”. it’s like shouting “c’mon fate bring it on”, or saying “candyman” three times in the mirror.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘moan moan moan…’ is closed to new replies.