• This topic has 33 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by timc.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • MNPR – Dec 4th
  • Harry_the_Spider

I was a bit poorly this week…

I understand that a route was discussed for Monday 4th. What is the plan?

mikerigby

Daz assures us that there are some dry (ish) routes around Tod. Instead of the Wine press, which is always closed when we get back, Daz suggested either the Summit or a new location called the Red Lion!

Thoughts Daz?

dazh

The Summit could work although it was shut on the way back the other night. The Red Lion might indeed be an alternative. Or we could do the Golden Lion again. Last time there was a DJ and free peanuts. Or the Shepherds Rest for a bit of variety.

mikerigby

The Red Lion is only a few yards from the wine press which makes it easy to get to.

Harry_the_Spider

Red Lion then?

What route? Piethorn should be reasonably dry apart from the Bobsleigh run down to the rugby club.

timc
    Free Member

Im up for it if i can get there in time, let me know location 🙂

Any locals ever out any other nights?

mikerigby

Any locals ever out any other nights?

I cycle on a Tuesday at Stockton Heath from 7pm if that’s local enough?

timc
    Free Member

I meant Bolton really Mike but I’m up for going you after work some time, maybe delamere?

mikerigby

Let’s talk on Monday. Delamere is not far from me.
    Duncan Smith also does a bit around Rivi which I join in on. Not done much in the last few weeks. Probably due to the on set of winter.

Harry_the_Spider

Christmas Party email has gone out.

[i]CHECK YOUR EMAILS![/i][/u] I’ve only got a few days to confirm this, so if you don’t get back to me you’re not going!

dazh

Let’s be brave and do the red lion. Think parking might be an issue so just find where you can.

I have a variation on the Mordor route that could work depending conditions.

gixer71109
    Free Member

I’ll be there

binners

I’m up for Mordor

timc
    Free Member

So where is it? 🙂

mikerigby

Red Lion
    6 Halifax Road
    Littleborough
    OL15 0HB

Ready to ride for 8:15

mikerigby

Just to put this out there, should we consider moving the start time to 8pm rather than 8.15?

Harry_the_Spider

Not going to be able to make it tomorrow. Still ejecting orange and green slime out of the holes in my face.

timc
    Free Member

50/50 for me, desire is there, just depends if i get away from work handy & the M62/60 is kind, will let you know tomorrow

gixer71109
    Free Member

Just to put this out there, should we consider moving the start time to 8pm rather than 8.15?

I’m good for 8oclock start we talked about this last week that an 8 o’clock start would be better for the MNPR

duncancallum

I’m a maybe just done a weekend riding in the lakes so shall see

Harry_the_Spider

8 o’clock start would be better for the MNPR

That depends if you’ve got small kids to pick up from their grandparents, feed and get to bed. I can’t realistically get out of the house before 7:30. hence the 8:15 start.

gixer71109
    Free Member

OK Andy as your the main man. We stay at 8.15.it’s no big deal.

Harry_the_Spider

Do what you like tonight, i’m still full of a minging cold!

dazh

Let stay at 8.15. It’s going to get bloody confusing if we chop and change. If the weather plays ball then we might not need lights tonight 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Can you mention the Christmas do? (I’ll be at home watching Poldark whilst covered in my own bodily fluids. Again).

Could do with confirming numbers by Wednesday.

dazh

Will do. Dunno how many will be out though so think you may already have heard from the main people.

Who is coming out BTW other than those who’ve already declared? There’s a supermoon tonight, and it’s gonna be dry. Need you any other reason?

perchypanther
    Free Member

(I’ll be at home watching Poldark whilst covered in my own bodily fluids. Again).

He is a good lookin’ fella isn’t he?

I don’t like him THAT much though.

binners

No chance for me tonight. I’m absolutely bombed out with Christmas commissions

mintimperial

I’ll almost certainly be riding.

Harry_the_Spider

He is a good lookin’ fella isn’t he?

I don’t like him THAT much though.

Demelza makes me want to sneeze.

timc
    Free Member

All my gear is ready at home, I should be there if the roads are kind, will be for a 8:10 arrival / 8:15 blast off though 🙂

dazh

Train’s are delayed so gonna be close. Should be ok but if I’m not there at 8.15 just hang on. Will update on here if I have further trouble.

duncancallum

I’m not grizedale pike then a night on the piss followed by skidded has done me

timc
    Free Member

Leaving now, ready to ride, eta 8:10

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘MNPR – Dec 4th’ is closed to new replies.