Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • MNPR – Nov 6th
  • Harry_the_Spider

Any ideas?

I’ve been suffering a lack of mojo lately and last week when I actually really wanted a bike ride my front wheel fell out due to ROCKSHOX MAXLES FOLDING UP BECAUSE THEY ARE MADE OF SPIT AND TISSUE PAPER.

Anyway… The bike is fixed, the weather looks OK and the Mojo is back. So, what’s the plan?

binners

I’d love to join you but I’ll be here…..

Did I not mention it? 😀

mikerigby

If the weathers looking ok, the kids are back in school and nobody is on holiday (apart from Binners)then we should to pick a popular location to get some numbers back.
    Last Monday there were 3 of us. It was a good evening to ride but we only did about 6 miles(mostly through muddy fields) and called it a day. There was a lot of CBA that night.

Would the Horse Shoe at Kearsley attract some more interest?

binners

Yet the week before the conditions were horrendous, the forecast grim, but it was a good turnout and a bloody great ride.

I can only conclude that we’re all masochists 🙂

chipps

I’m sure we could find a good few all weather trails over Tod/Hebden end of the world if people were keen…
    And I say this having led one of the muddiest MNPR rides ever… so we won’t go _that_ way.

Harry_the_Spider

I’d be up for Tod. Mike, can you get over that far?

duncancallum

I’m out….

I’m at a gig.

Any one fancy a weekend ride?

Harry_the_Spider

I’m at a gig.

Dollar?

binners

I’d heard Bucks Fizz had reformed and were touring again Dunc. Horwich Labour Club on Monday Night?

I was going to ride Saturday, but I’ve decided against it as I’d almost certainly go over the bars and break both my wrists just before my hollybobs

Edit: Beaten to it by Harry. Great minds, and all that.

Which is it Dunc?

mikerigby

Mike, can you get over that far?

Tod is a pain for me to get back home because they close sections of the motorway overnight.

If Tod is the preferred ride then do it and I will make it if I can. We did Darwin last Monday and I left straight after the ride and was home for 23:20hrs and that included a closed section on the M6 and I was ok with that.

I am planning on being there as long as my axel holds out at LLandegla on Saturday.

mikerigby

Any one fancy a weekend ride?

As you know Duncan I am riding on Saturday morning. It’s with Matthew Hornby and the Weaver Valley cycling club, but I think non members are welcome as taster rides.
    New members are also be welcome at the club, especially for the MTB rides.

Psplat
    Free Member

I’ve not been out for a while and since Tod is local, I don’t think I’ll have an excuse, I’m in.

P

duncancallum

No I’m off to see susan Boyle

I’m at massive wagons n the von hertzan brothers

Mike I’m going to stay local as I have to make a dent in my house as I’ve 2 weeks before the Tennant wants to move in

mikerigby

No worries Duncan. Enjoy the gig.

dazh

I’d suggested Tod or somewhere similar last week anyway. At least we can be sure the pub will be open (if we’re talking Golden Lion).

dazh

Ok, think we’ve settled on The Golden Lion. 8.15pm OL14 6LZ

Parking can be had on Longfield Road behind the pub, Morrisons car park just up the road, or the train station. Just remember, it’s not a pub, it’s a community hub…..

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvXRzPAJvnM[/video]

scaled
    Free Member

aaaaaaaaaaaargh M60 roadworks until summer 2018 now?

mintimperial

Should be able to make this I think. Not ridden Todmorden for a while now. 🙂

M60 roadworks until summer 2018

You’re coming round from Stockport way aren’t you? For Tod just cut off the corner to/from the M60/M62 via the A627(M).

Harry_the_Spider

Highways Agency say that it will be open, but down to 2 lanes. Not a problem at 11pm.

dazh

M60 roadworks until summer 2018 now?

No excuse, probably just as quick to do A56/Manc Way/A62/A627(m). Or go round Stockport way.

Bregante

Highways Agency say that it will be open, but down to 2 lanes. Not a problem at 11pm.

I can’t make this anyway but for reference THE HIGHWAYS AGENCY TELLS LIES.

I’ve been diverted due to the motorway closures at least half a dozen times this year despite internet assurances that none were in place.

Just saying….

mikerigby

THE HIGHWAYS AGENCY TELLS LIES.

I am afraid he’s correct. I’ve been caught a few times.
    Don’t worry when this lot is finished it’s not all about over. There are plans to do more sections.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

took me over 2 hours to get home from leeds at 11.30 last night due to the 62 being closed from j20 to j18. diverted down through chadderton then back up the 60 to simister. just sayin’…

dazh

Who’s having it tonight then? Roller skating injuries, broken bikes, traffic chaos will not be accepted as excuses this time. We have higher standards to live up to handed down by Mr Bud.

A choice of routes will be on offer, from hilly, to very hilly, to ridiculously hilly. I believe Chipps will be our leader, so probably best for him to decide as I’m in a particularly masochistic mood at the moment.

See you later. Don’t feel obliged to tell anyone if you’re coming. Just turn up at the Shepherds Rest and have a whinge after when no one is there 🙂

mintimperial

Hoping to make it, but we do currently have an ill small person in the house so if I don’t show it’s me being considerate and not sharing our horrible germs with everyone, ok?

Harry_the_Spider

I honestly can’t think of a reason not to be there despite trying my very best. See you later.

I’ve not ridden for a month though, so please be kind.

dazh

*Just for clarity and for people who can’t read or haven’t mastered fundamental facets of human communication, can I repeat that tonight’s meet will be at the Golden Lion, and NOT the Shepherd’s Rest.

MI, I’ve got a cold anyway (have had for the last month) so don’t bail on my account 🙂

gixer71109
    Free Member

I’ll be there hopefully.

mintimperial

Pretty sure there’s nothing medically wrong with the boy after all, other than a bad case of whingeitis. I’ll be outside The Masons Arms at 8.15 wondering where the **** you all are.

Harry_the_Spider

…and I’ll be outside the Old Gate slagging you off wondering who the **** you all are.

No signs warning of a night closure on the 60/62 between J17 and J20 BTW.

mikerigby

Although I am ok to ride tonight the traffic is currently busy around a Junction 12 and around Stockport. 1hr 18 mins is too much for tonight.

Harry_the_Spider

Bugger. Prestwich or Kearsley nest week?

We need to be thinking of a Christmas night out too. Somewhere central.

mikerigby

I am around next Monday so either would be ok with me. I am away the Monday after.
    As I had my bike ready to go I had a spin round the block. 10 minutes to wear in my new brake pads.
    See you next week.

Harry_the_Spider

Right. We’ll do something “West Side” next week.

Harry_the_Spider

Last night

jekkyl

did the bad mouthed moaner guy turn up?

Harry_the_Spider

Funnily enough, no.

bearnecessities

Well he probably did, but was late.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘MNPR – Nov 6th’ is closed to new replies.