Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • MNPR – Monday 2nd October – Return to Piethorne Edition
  • Harry_the_Spider

The Wine Press, Hollingworth Lake.
    8:15 blast off
    Bring money for beer

binners

Will there be drunk old blokes in blazers to throw bottles at us?

chipps

I’m sure it can be arranged 😉

mintimperial

I’ll save up the weekend’s empties, should just about fit in the van.

funkrodent

Pretty sure I’m in for this. Where’s Piethorne?

Harry_the_Spider

South East of Hollingworth Lake on the other side of the M62.

gixer71109
    Free Member

I won’t be out same situation as last week. Should be OK for next week.

funkrodent

Aaah. Okay, ironically I think that one of the few MNPRs that I’ve actually made was the same one. Looking forward to it!

binners

I’m just going to mention this with a view to upcoming MNPRs venues…

The Irwell Works Brewery now has a pie cabinet thing. Not a pie fridge like the church. Actual warm pies!! Really nice pies, plus cracking beer (as you know) and lancashire crisps.

My knee is feeling a lot better this week so…. next Monday?

Harry_the_Spider

Sounds like a plan.

mikerigby

Trip to London on the train on Monday but should be back in plenty of time so I’m in.
    Also Rammy next week sounds good to me.

timc
    Free Member

Was ill last week. Recovering from Oktoberfest this week, hope to be out next week

terrahawk
    Free Member

Have you got the minibus booked yet for the Jolly Boys’ Outing to Newton Stewart? 🙂

Bregante

Minibus? I think this is the new MNPR approved transport…

binners

dazh

So I fully expect last week’s enthusiasm will be sustained this evening. We went out at the weekend round there and I can assure you all that it was bone dry. We actually found a new variation on the Mordor route but we’ll save that for another time.

mintimperial

I can assure you all that it was bone dry.

Hmm. I’ve refitted my mudguards just in case, so I’ll be riding.

dazh

Probably a good idea 😀

stormtrooper
    Free Member

I’ve had to miss a few MNPRs recently due to work commitments but should be able to make this one…

See you later

Rich

Harry_the_Spider

Going to give it a miss. Got a lot of stuff going on and quite frankly I’ve had enough for today and I need an early night.

funkrodent

Gridlock on M62 between junction 20 & 21. Blue light just went past. Looks like accident. Upshot is satnav now saying eta of 20.27 & rising. Bollards. Looks like I’m oot.

nach
    Free Member

Not out tonight because I’ve spent the past few days feeling like shite and randomly falling asleep like an octogenarian. I think I have a

Harry_the_Spider

Gridlock on M62 between junction 20 & 21. Blue light just went past. Looks like accident. Upshot is satnav now saying eta of 20.27 & rising. Bollards. Looks like I’m oot.

I don’t feel so bad now.

dazh

I don’t feel so bad now.

Bloody pub was shut as well.

funkrodent

Neatly swerved H_the_S, ’twas indeed an accident – up near junction 22 apparently. It was 8.35 before I got to junction 21. I took an executive decision and diverted to Philips Park for a bit of red run razzing, with dogger dodging thrown in for free. All’s well that ends well, hope the collective had fun

funkrodent

Aah, just saw post about the pub. Do you think they were tipped off..?

dazh

No it’s always shut. Don’t know why we bother with that place other than the fact it’s close to the motorway.

mintimperial

Yeah, we need an alternative base for the Hollingworth rides. Shame cos there’s a couple of decent options route-wise from there but what’s a pub ride without a pub?

dazh

The Red Lion in Littleborough always seems to be open. Never been in there though. Looks like a local pub for local people. We might need to take Binners with us to give us some northern salt-of-the-earth credibility.

stormtrooper
    Free Member

Enjoyed the ride and it was a shame the pub was shut but at least it meant I got back at a decent time

Must look into getting a rack as the car still had a faint aroma of sheep sh1t this morning 😳

xherbivorex
    Free Member

it took me almost 3.5 hours to get home from work last night, thanks to a variety of public transport woes that conspired against me. still, i did get to ride the 2-3 miles from my house to horwich parkway train station to go collect my car!

binners

Rammy next week?

Due to being broken I’ve not ridden for about 6 weeks, but I reckon we’ll be reet for then. I’ll also guarantee an open pub. It’s clear standards have been slipping of late, and you lot need your priorities sorting out! The brewery is shut on a Monday, but the Hare and Hounds is open. So a route of some description finishing with some slippy-slideyness down through Redisher

Anyone up for the Rake Hillclimb this Sunday. Watching, not riding, obvs.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/XX1wQh]The Rake[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘MNPR – Monday 2nd October – Return to Piethorne Edition’ is closed to new replies.