Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • MNPR – Monday 16th – Turton Reservoir Dogging Edition
  • Harry_the_Spider

Shall we try Turton again as the weather looks better?

Chetham Arms

8:15pm blast off

Bring money for beer

Home

mikerigby

I’m in. My mission is to be more organised on Monday so I have no excuses.

binners

In. I need a massive dose of MTFUness

duncancallum

I’m in

ulysse
    Free Member

So do you actually drink alcohol on some kind of pub crawl while riding bikes?
    Genuine curiosity

dazh

So do you actually drink alcohol on some kind of pub crawl while riding bikes?

What we usually do is announce a location, then look at the weather on the day, then make up some shite excuse for not turning up. 🙂

binners

Apart from on the 2 days a year when its not absolutely bucketing down and blowing a gale

dazh

Maybe if we did as Ulysse suggests and visited more than one pub more people would come out?

spennyy
    Free Member

All being well I’m in, is it still fancy dress as per last week or can I just come in my normal kit?

binners

Why do we have to leave the pub in the first place?

dazh

Why do we have to leave the pub in the first place?

I’m all for trying different formats.

Bregante

I’m going to make a concerted effort to get there this week but as I still can’t drink* I can’t rule out another massive last minute dose of can’t be arsedness.

*It’s getting REALLY boring now. Lovely pint in the Chetham Arms too…

gixer71109
    Free Member

Can’t make it this week I’m away

Harry_the_Spider

I’ve stuffed my back, so I’m touch and go.

I’ll see how I am in 48 hours.

Harry_the_Spider

Definitely out. My back is a mess. 😐

binners

Sorry to hear that mate? Who’s leading? Me? From the rear? Will suss out a route. Forecast is dreadful, but at least it’s not cold

Harry_the_Spider

I’m properly phooked and don’t know how long I’ll be out for. Got a Karate grading coming up too that I don’t want to miss.

binners

Wax on, wax off….

Bregante

Can’t you just be really crap and then pull it out of the bag with one special move?

Harry_the_Spider

I can’t bend down far enough to pull my trousers up. Every move looks “special” at the moment.

dazh

I can’t bend down far enough to pull my trousers up.

As long as you can bend enough to wipe your arse. Last time I knackered my back I was worryingly close to that problem. Get down the docs and ask for some high strength diclofenac. I went from crawling round the house to running up the stairs within 48 hours thanks to that stuff.

I’m down in the big smoke this week so won’t be out. Instead I have the pleasure of interrogating soon-to-be graduates who want to work for us. If you want to pencil in something over this way for next week I’ll be happy to lead.

edhornby

Ulysse, sensible answer is that we park in pub carpark, ride a loop, drink a beer and home

Can’t Monday, childcare 🙁

binners

Ok…. so it looks like we’ve got 4 of us from Rammy, and anybody else? Anyone?

I think I’m going to make an executive decision and change the venue. We’ll go for a 7.30 start from the Shoulder of Mutton in Holcombe. Still doing a tour de reservoirs, but it seems daft to start it from Turton now.

spennyy
    Free Member

I’m still in, where is best to park up there?

Harry_the_Spider

Have fun. I don’t know why we haven’t gone from The Shoulder before as it is a top pub.

I needed help getting my socks on this morning, so I won’t be out.

binners

Bloody hell mate. What a nightmare.

Spennyy – You can park in the pub car park, or on the road. No shortage of parking. See you later.

duncancallum

Spenny I’m out if you want to get to mine n I’ll take you across

duncancallum

Plus I’ve got your lights…..

spennyy
    Free Member

Only one, I’ve got more now

mikerigby

I will be out. I have a bruised ankle, don’t know how but I’m going to give it a go. See you at the Shoulder.

binners

I’ve got new lights. One of them will be on my big baldy once. I’ve never done this before as I’ve always had them on the bars.

I’m just going to apologise in advance to everyone for staring straight into your face and blinding you with 1000 lumens. So…. sorry in advance

mikerigby

The Conservatory is currently the bike servicing centre (yes I got permission). Bike is tuned and ready to go! Shame I am not as tuned, going to be some huffing and puffing tonight.

duncancallum

It’ll be reet.

I’m almost disappointed that were not riding the rake.

binners

You can park at ours and ride up it with me if you like? Actually… that might be a better idea. So we can finish on a slightly smaller climb after a pint in the H&H

duncancallum

I used the word almost

I’ll buzz you later if I’m early I may ride up from the bottom

Bregante

In just four days time it will be a year since I rode off from the Shoulder of Mutton on almost exactly the same route as you have in mind tonight…. probably with pretty much the same group of people.

Dare I ask whether you will be descending from the tower so I can have a word with myself?

binners

No tower action tonight mate. its far too dangerous 😀

Bregante

I’m in then! I best stick the lights on charge.

binners

To everyone who’s driving over, probably best to park down by the Hare and Hounds and ride up to the Shoulder, where we can meet up. Then we can finish at the H&H for a pint and not have to do the big climb right at the end. Best getting it out of the way at the start. Obviously us Rammy lot will have the pleasure of riding up the Rake to start. Something to look forward too eh?

mikerigby

H&H it is.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘MNPR – Monday 16th – Turton Reservoir Dogging Edition’ is closed to new replies.