Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • MNPR – June 19th – The other Littleborough Route Edition
  • Harry_the_Spider

The Wine Press,
    Hollingworth Lake
    OL15 0AZ

8:15 blast off
    Bring money to upset the bar staff with

As the weather is scheduled to be good it’ll be busy so I’d suggest parking at the visitors centre about 100m past the pub on the left.

We’ll do the Piethorn Reservoir route this time instead of Mordor.

chipps

Just doing that loop in the non-splashy darkness will be a novelty…

duncancallum

I’d love to but I’m on crutches as I fell over my dog…

Not sure how long I’ll be out…

Bregante

I’m unlikely to make it either as me and wittonweavers are doing the ride to the sun this weekend but I did a variation of that loop last night (went up to windy hill) and can confirm that it’s lovely and dry with just a few muddy patches on the climb up to Tunshill.

The descent down to the back of the Rugby club now has some huge “catch your front wheel sized” water bars at regular intervals and there were lots of young cattle on the path too.

Get well soon Duncan!

dazh

I’ll be there. Got a slight variation on the normal Piethorne route if interested. Nothing crazy, just a tad longer than normal.

philhadfield

Hi Guys – As a long time MNPR voyeur due to never being free on a Monday up until recently, and the fact I only live in Milnrow, this would seem like the perfect opportunity to break my MNPR duck. Is it ok if I tag along?

dazh

Have you filled in the form and paid the necessary backhander fee to HtS?

Joke obviously, it’d be good to have some new blood. Just don’t be offended if no one asks who you are, we’ve been so crap at getting out this year we can barely remember what each other looks like.

philhadfield

Excellent – looking forward to it. I shall spend the weedend drinking beer and eating pies carbing up, so I’m at peak of physical fitness!

Harry_the_Spider

£10.

nach
    Free Member
    nick1962
    Free Member

Look out for giant birds. Last sighted on one of our routes:

Probably looking for his pals who live next to the Summit pub.
    ***Ornithologist pedant alert** they may be emus

gixer71109
    Free Member

I’m riding tonight looking forward. To it

dazh

The giant bird was last seen on the PBW near Walsden….

BTW are we really going to waste this glorious weather on the Piethorne route?

Harry_the_Spider

What do you suggest?

chipps

Argh! Can’t make tonight! I have a rubbish excuse too – but Beate should be there.

dazh

Actually Piethorne works but I have a slightly different route.

Harry_the_Spider

Right then… shut it. 😉

I should be out tonight but if I’m not there by 8:15 don’t wait. I’m absolutely knackered, but don’t want to miss a ride in this weather. I’ll probably give the pub a swerve though.

Bregante

I’m feeling surprisingly sprightly despite getting less than an hours kip between getting up Saturday morning and going to bed on Sunday night thanks to Ride to the Sun (but definitely worth it), however the latest bout of road works starting on the M60 tonight would add at least 30 minutes to my journey. So I’m out.

dazh

I’ll probably give the pub a swerve though.

Pub’ll probably be shut anyway 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

I’m not going to make it. I’m too tired to safely drive.

mintimperial

Well I’m in. The pull of another evening basking in the garden with a beer or two is very strong, but I’m determined to overcome it and actually ride a bicycle for the first time in a month. I may be quite slow, apologies in advance.

philhadfield

Thanks for the ride tonight guys, thoroughly enjoyed it – look forward to joining you again soon.

Harry_the_Spider

Looks stunning. Gutted that I couldn’t have been there.

mintimperial

Yep, absolutely top notch ride that, glad I made it out. Fast dusty trails and sunshine till 10PM… 😀

MrAgreeable

That was a cracking first MNPR. Notwithstanding a disappointing lack of emus. See you again soon I hope! Antony

nach
    Free Member

Good to see you all, and nice to meet you Phil!

I got a few photos too; linked because I’ve left them enormous:
    Sunset above the White House
    Sunset from Mordor
    Blurry panorama
    Pre-ride ride with Daz

nach
    Free Member

dazh – Member
    The giant bird was last seen on the PBW near Walsden….

I looked that image up on the Tod chat FB group, apparently that’s one of a couple of Emus that live there, and are (reportedly) friendly. The Rhea is on Blackstone edge and is apparently dangerous! It’s like Jurassic Park round here.

brennak

I notice the Rhea only travels at 20mph which would be a tad slow for MNPR these days so you all should be safe

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘MNPR – June 19th – The other Littleborough Route Edition’ is closed to new replies.