Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • MNPR – December 5th. Prestwich – Newbies and Oldies Edition (again)
  • Harry_the_Spider

Right then, let’s reschedule the postponed Nov 21st ride.
    Details
    Church Inn, Prestwich
    M25 1AJ
    8:15 Blast Off

Let’s try and get out everyone who has ever done the MNPR and as many newbies as possible. Bring warm socks it looks like it will be a bit crispy.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

should be good for this, i’m a bit uninjured and not on call that night so fingers crossed!

tthew

Should be good for this. Manchester is turning into my second home recently!

craig24
    Free Member

I should be up for this, one more you can add to the MNPR newbie list.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I’ve a suspected torn rotator cuff (I think my doctor is a drama queen), diphtheria and I’m recently back after 12 months off the bike.

Looking forward to it.

gixer71109
    Free Member

I’m in

Bregante

Currently have some sort of unspecified kidney type illness which has laid me up pretty much for 10 weeks…

In!

binners

Full of man-flu at the moment, but I should be reet for Monday. I feel like a bloody newbie its that long since I’ve ridden

edhornby

Gonna need a babysitter to make it… Working on it…

dazh

I’ll be there, just got to figure out a way of fitting in a ride up Cragg Vale beforehand.

Not bringing any newbies sadly. They’re all too lazy.

mintimperial

Right. I’m going to be riding a bike for the first time in two months tonight. Don’t expect me to be fast.

Harry_the_Spider

I’m in with my mate Pete who stood around watching us hurt ourselves last week.

Harry_the_Spider

Just had confirmation that another new guy is coming too.

What about the “old stagers”?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

hopefully. colleague called in sick though, so i’m now covering his on-call tonight…

dazh

Just bring your laptop with you.

brennak

What about the “old stagers”?

Go on then !!! 🙂

chipps

Reckon…

Bregante

Been sat in a hospital bed since 10.45 this morning waiting for a decision as to whether I need to go on a drip or if I can go home after the kidneys went a bit haywire in the middle of last night.

Susan.

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

I have another rugby coaching course to attend. It is at Sedgley Tigers though, so I’ll be close by.

scaled
    Free Member

I’ve got a massive hole in my rear tyre that i’ll need to fix before I can come out to play.

The other option is I ride my slick tyred Escapade round the very muddy bits.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Babysitter confirmed, lights charged.

Looking forward to it.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

And what’s the code word when I get there?

Sandwich

I don’t think it’s a codeword but it may be a safe word.

dazh

There isn’t one. Just turn up, ride, then someone will ask who you are at the end and if you’re with us. That has actually happened before 🙂

dazh

The other option is I ride my slick tyred Escapade round the very muddy bits.

A few weeks ago I did that on my posh roadie when I took a wrong turn and ended up riding through 6 inch deep gloop on a bridleway. Surprisingly it coped rather well.

Harry_the_Spider

The safe word is “Deeper” or “get off”. I can’t remember which.

mikerigby

Bit of a sniffle and feeling very unfit, but not been out for a couple of weeks so I’m in. Might have a newbie too if he can get permission.

binners

My man-flu has become actual proper flu. I’ve barely moved out of bed for 2 days. As per usual when I can’t ride, the conditions are absolutely perfect. Typical!

I is gutted!. I was looking forward to tonight as I’ve not ridden for bloody weeks 🙁

brennak

I was looking forward to some company for once Binners, as the rest disappear in the distance

bestvetsarah

Right, I shall be there for the first time in a long time.
    I shall bring some hot mulled beverages for before we set off!
    See you laters!

Harry_the_Spider

Woot!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

nope! just got in from work. on call for another hour. and in no physical condition to even manage a slow ride tonight, then get up at 5.30am to go back in to work…

Clover

On the train back from that London, grrrr, when there are mulled beverages and everything.

craig24
    Free Member

I was hopefully but got to much work on 🙁

Harry_the_Spider

Some stats

23 riders
    24 km
    0 crashes
    0 mechanicals
    0 total light failures
    1 navigational error (mine, sorry)
    5 vans
    1 Audi
    1 vat of mulled wine (thanks Sarah)
    Strava, or it didn’t happen

gixer71109
    Free Member

Good to see some new faces last night.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘MNPR – December 5th. Prestwich – Newbies and Oldies Edition (again)’ is closed to new replies.