Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • MNPR – 2015 highlights and next year
  • Harry_the_Spider

If we’d really thought about it, like a proper club, this would have been done a couple of weeks ago and there would have been a presentation at the party. But, we’re not a proper club and proper clubs would probably have less of a laugh and wouldn’t get gate crashed by Hans Rey.

So. Here are my high (and low) lights of the year.

Best Ride – Ramsbottom Snow Ride
    Best Crash – Gavin hitting the Invisible Moose of Edenfield. Falling off in the middle of a flat empty road with sufficient velocity to smell of melted clothing was very impressive
    Best Crisps – Lancashire Salt and Vinegar from The Belmont Bull
    Best Tantrum – Me & Binners on the Prestwich ride where we all got lost
    Best Moment – The “lights off” crossing of Scout Moor

Roll on January 4th for the first MNPR of the year. Does anyone have any ideas?

I’ve had a great time riding with you lot. Let’s do it again.

tthew

Best Binners poster of the year.
    edit – from right at the start of the year too.

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

Best Ride – Is that the Isle of man ride (if that was this year)
    Best Crash – Me falling over twice in 10metres at the bottom of one of the chutes on Holcombe Hill
    Best Crisps – Lancashire Black Pudding & Mustard from The Belmont Bull
    Best Tantrum – Me at BMXing when he said we’ll now ride the track backwards
    Best Moment – Not the lights off (I tried burying my head in the moor on the Coal Rd) probably finding out my frame was still in warranty.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scaled
    Free Member

Was the “Thats not your bike, mate” crash this year or last year?

dazh

you missed a couple of obvious categories.

Best pint – That stout at the Sunnyhurst, wish I could remember it’s name.
    Most broken bikes – Probably a tie between me and Daz (although I always managed to finish the rides)

Harry_the_Spider

Was the “Thats not your bike, mate” crash this year or last year?

That was 2014. Probably my personal best unscheduled dismount.

GregMay
    Free Member

I missed quite a few (most) of the rides this year due to moving house and work. Planning not to do that as much next year.

I’ll happily offer to take a Tod/Hebden ride out for the 4th if that’s not too far for people?

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Best pint – undoubtedly the stout in The Sunnyhurst!
    Best Pub – Chetham Arms
    Best tantrum – Binners on Darwen Moor (Sunnyhurst ride)
    Best ride location – Ramsbottom
    Best moment – lights off on Scout Moor
    Best ride – tie between the snow ride in Rammy and the first trip to Sabden. Rammy probably gets it just for having chip butties at the end!
    Most memorable ride – Chetham Arms with Baz and Duncan in absolutely monsoon conditions!
    Moment of biggest relief – top of Pendle Hill in the fog and finding out that Chipps had had the sense to mark the direction back down to the village!

A few stats from the year. You can call me all you want but you all know this is interesting! These don’t include BMX but do include the Saturday and Bank Holiday rides…

No of rides – 46
    No of different riders – 101
    Top attenders – Daz H & myself (34)

Total distance – 771.8 Km
    Total ascent – 17,216m

Average distance – 16.7Km
    Average ascent – 374m
    Average attendance – 10.6

Hilliest ride – Sabden (23rd March)
    Flatest ride – Prestwich (13th April)

Most flowing ride (total time / moving time) – Little Lever (23rd Feb)
    Least flowing ride – Prestwich (20th July)

Pub SHUT on 4 occasions! The Queens, Belmont Bull, Hare & Hounds (Abbey Village) & The Wine Press

Harry_the_Spider

Great stats there Craig! How many rides did I do?

wittonweavers
    Free Member

26 – 5th most regular attender!

Harry_the_Spider

Meh. Not quite on the podium. Must do better!

scaled
    Free Member

Following on from the “A Christmas Miracle on STW” thread,

How many BMX purchases has the club that’s not a club been responsible for?

HtS
    Daz H
    Gaz
    Nach
    ???

binners

Best ride – Rammy Snowmagedon. Just for the sight, after a brilliant ride, of loads of happy, cold, people eating chip butties in my local
    Best Crash – for pure comedy -Lee getting to the bottom of the finger chute, stopping, keeling over sideways down the hill and landing on Harry. For shear gung ho effort…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBKcAB84gzo[/video]

Best mechanical – Whats that creaking? That’ll be your sheared-in-half frame Daz. Shall we coast back down the hill to the pub then?
    Best Tantrum? Definittely me. Take your pick which one. Probably the top Scout Moor, in axle deep mud, when you all went the wrong way, buggered my route up, and I got a bit shouty 😀

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

Wittonweavers, how many did I attend please?

Bregante

Snow ride was good but it was also my worst ride of the year on account of my slide/crash on the ice going UP the Rake. My chest still bears the scars. Surely a contender for bruise of the year.

Best ride for me was the one we did from Marple/Roman lakes (think it was a bank holiday possibly)

I sincerely hope that I can make a few more rides in the year ahead because as a group it is absolutely fantastic. There are no ego’s or attitudes and you don’t even always know the names of the people you are riding with… and it doesn’t matter because we’re all just a bunch of big kids out for a giggle.

Clover

It all started so well this year, but I’ve missed out due to (ahem) training. Sorry, I know that kind of thing is frowned upon. And then after my race I have just sat around eating pies. This must stop. Bring on the new year and MMNPR (more Monday night pub rides).

terrahawk
    Free Member

A few stats from the year

jesus. you are taking the register aren’t you?

binners

MoreCashThanDash

The MNPR rides sound amazing. Make our local pootling look tame and disorganised.

binners

I doubt it. We personify the word ‘disorganised’ 😀

binners

I feel duty bound to add in another category. The Best Unintended Consequence category. I win this hands down, due to the MNPR. Me doing the illustrations for it, that developing something of a life of its own, that then getting out of hand, and leading to me jacking my job in, and changing the direction of my career pretty bloody radically. All for the best of course.

Ironically this led to me being so busy that I wasn’t able to continue to produce artwork every week. But I think these are my best efforts of the year. If you’ll indulge my shameless narcissism for a while

and in honour of the other essential category….

Bregante

Fair play binners, I think your artwork is awesome. 8)

terrahawk
    Free Member

what he said. superb stuff.

binners

Cheers chaps. Next illustration on the agenda features a certain Terrahawk, and will be done in inks, rather than on a Mac. And might be heading in a Russian Constructivist stylee. Watch this space 😀

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Sounds good, comrade!

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Ok top 20 runners and riders (to save repeated questions!)

1= The Halls – Craig & Daz (34)
    3 Steve (33)
    4 Gaz (28)
    5 Harry (26)
    6= Russ, Neal & Duncan (19)
    9= Tony & Daz I (17)
    11= Tom & Barry (15)
    13= Kevin, David & Binners (12)
    16= Kai* & Chipps (11)
    18 Gavin (9)
    19= Andrew M & Lee (8)

* Surprised me! Thought you had done more Kai!

mintimperial

Cool, I didn’t think I’d been to that many. They’ve all been cracking fun this year, cheers folks!

(Binners I actually have one of those I *heart* Spreadsheets mugs. I flipping love Excel, me.)

MoreCashThanDash

I would happily buy a book of those MNPR posters. They are brilliantly drawn and beautifully captioned. Crowd funded charity fundraiser?

simondbarnes

The posters are ace. If I start mtbing again I might have to come along on a ride 🙂

duncancallum

Joint 6th need to up my game….

I can guide round rivvy the crofters is open till 11c and happy to have us (just had a rather nice tea in there)

It’s been an ace year, perhaps Craig n binners can collaborate n provide an illustrated excel pamphlet?

wittonweavers
    Free Member

“It’s been an ace year, perhaps Craig n binners can collaborate n provide an illustrated excel pamphlet? “

Have we done nob of the year? 😀

Bregante

I’m quietly pleased with my tally considering I’ve only managed 2 since September. I really do need to get out more in the next year.

As does Craig. 😆

Bregante

Back to the binners’ artwork love in. This was a particular favourite, commissioned because Songs of Praise was being filmed in the church next door to our local.

Bloody Genius.

chipps

It’s been a fine year. A little short on glorious sunsets in indigo skies for my liking, but great to know that however rubbish the weather, and the week, there’ll always be a gathering.
    Looking forward to many more! Cheers!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Agree Bregante, that is pure genius. Bravo BinBins!.

nickc

Bin Bin’s art is most excellent, and even better in the flesh (so to speak)

WILL make more next year!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

joint last in the attendance stats. the only way is up!

all the best, everyone. couldn’t wish for a better club that isn’t a club.

Harry_the_Spider

You weren’t last. You were last in the top 20!

You actual position was 20/46 if you go by Craig’s stats.

brennak

Merry Christmas have a great day, to all the members that are not members of the club that’s not a club 🙂

dazh

Dunno if the 4th is too soon, but could I suggest we organise MNPRs at any flood affected pubs at the earliest opportunity? A load of mountain bikers on a monday night spending money will be a small help…

Pubs I know about up our way:

Golden Lion – Tod (I hear this may even be open again by NYE so could be a possibility on the 4th)
    Stubbins Wharf – Hebden
    Old Gate – Hebden

Any others over Lancs way?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘MNPR – 2015 highlights and next year’ is closed to new replies.