Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • MNPR – 13th June – BMX and alternative MTB ride perhaps
  • Harry_the_Spider

Those that are BMXing I’ll see you at 7:50 at the track. Bring drinking water and your Suitcase-of-Courage™.
    Pint at The Church Inn afterwards. M25 1AJ

Those that are MTBing can sort themselves out, but take a waterproof 😉

sandwicheater

I’ll be partaking in the BMXing. Not tried it before.

I’ll be donning my brave pants and the face i use to smash into hard things.

Bregante

I’m holding Craig responsible for next Monday’s weather forecast after his “BMX in the summer is a waste of good weather” comment….

I’m provisionally in for Monday MTB though. Depending on where they end up. If we had a ride from Prestwich then we can all meet up in the Church and laugh at our respective injuries/nettle rash/midge bites…

gaze
    Free Member

I can lead a Prestwich ride if anybody’s interested?

mintimperial

“BMX in the summer is a waste of good weather”

Has he been in a different country to the rest of us for the past few “summers” or something?

Looking forward to a bit of 20″ wheel mayhem, see you all on Monday! 😀

proutster
    Free Member

24″ FTW 😀
    See you all at the BMX on Monday night!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i may even buy a BMX before Monday night…

Harry_the_Spider

Buy as many man-toys as you can between now and October!

gaze
    Free Member

Hi xherbivorex

I’ve a 24″ BMX for sale if you want

xherbivorex
    Free Member

which one, that floval flyer of yours?

Bregante

I’d be up for a prestwich ride Gaz

Harry_the_Spider

Any news on “stunt” Donk?

mintimperial

What what what? Did someone do something daft after I left?

D0NK

sore.
    Bruised ribs, hopefully not cracked or anything like that, moving pretty slowly at the moment but can breathe ok 🙂

mintimperial

Oof. It’s quite hard that track if you hit it wrong. Heal up quick! And try not to sneeze. 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

Look all this concern is all fine and well but what we all want to REALLY know is
    1) who had the go pro mount
    2) when is it going online

Dark-Side

Look all this concern is all fine and well but what we all want to REALLY know is
    1) who had the go pro mount
    2) when is it going online

That would be me 😀

Thanks for a fun BMX session everyone, it was the first time I’ve ever been on one and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Hopefully you are feeling little better D0NK, let me know if you want the footage 😉

sandwicheater

There was footage, ace!!! First time also and still have my teeth which was my only aim. Didn’t notice anyone crash, healing vibes D0NK.

D0NK

Didn’t notice anyone crash,

first time for me too, it wasn’t very spectacular – I specifically avoided attempting anything spectacular, just trying to follow someone better than me and hitting the lumpy bits faster than my skill allowed for – and promptly tensing up when it all went squirelly.

Would be rude not to share* the footage with everyone dark side 🙂 Don’t expect it to be very exciting tho

*if you don’t have anywhere to host it online you can mail it me if you wish, address in profile

Dark-Side

Its not very dramatic unfortunately, even in slow motion!

[video]https://youtu.be/GyGhZUShPGI[/video]

Harry_the_Spider

Oh, I dunno.

D0NK

Oof!
    Not a bad dismount, went to roll out of it, just a pity about slamming into the side of that jump really.

Thanks for catching that moment for prosperity dark side.

Junkyard
    Free Member

acceptable crash and shame you hit the wall

Kids seen it yet?

D0NK

Not yet, probably won’t be interested.

proutster
    Free Member

Oooof – I didn’t see it, but I heard it from track-side as I was taking a breather.

The footage explains the sound that I heard quite well 😀

scaled
    Free Member

i love those rollers, you get out of shape on one and you know exactly what’s coming and there’s **** all you can do about it 😀

D0NK

Yeah soon as i mistimed the first one i thought uh oh! The coach, Toby(?), said if you stay loose you are more likely to ride it out, complete opposite of what I did 🙁

xherbivorex
    Free Member

yep, they’re lethal if you miss a beat on them. heard the crash from up on the start ramp. you gotta come back to beat them next time!

sandwicheater

Glad you walked away from it.

Coming to a GIF page near you?

Those bumps were knackering. Almost came off a few times from my arms just giving up.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Not yet, probably won’t be interested

I shall rectify this forthwith

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘MNPR – 13th June – BMX and alternative MTB ride perhaps’ is closed to new replies.