Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Mmmm lovely roast pork!
  • Bregante

Except when it’s beef?

The lovely Mrs B did her supermarket shopping online this week (only the second or third time we’ve bothered)and she ordered a nice piece of pork for Sunday dinner. The delivery was late Friday and the joint went straight in the fridge. The labelling clearly states that it is pork.
    She didn’t notice when she put it in the oven but it wasn’t pork – it was beef! I quite literally will eat anything so if I’m honest I’m not really arsed but it has raised some questions over food labelling with the supermarket in question.
    It has been gobbled up regardless but she who must be obeyed is intent on venting her spline with the store in question tommorow.
    Waste of time or worthwhile?

Duffer
    Free Member

If you’ve already eaten it, then I’d suggest the ship has sailed.

singlespeedstu

I’d be pissed off there was no crackling. 🙁

Bregante

She has retained a slice* and sealed it in the pork labelled packaging! 😯

*It’s there for now but we have bread and branston pickle so its chances aren’t great if I’m honest.

trout
    Free Member

She has retained a slice and sealed it in the pork labelled packaging

Problem is it would have been consumed in a sanny before morning in our house
    MMM roast beork 😀

thegreatape
    Free Member

If you’ve already eaten it, then I’d suggest the ship has sailed.

I dunno. If she tells them her idiot husband cooked it and ate most of it without realising when she was out…..

Bregante

Uncanny, troutie (see my edit!)

Bregante

It was me that spotted it was beef while carving greatape

thegreatape
    Free Member

Sure, what I meant was, if the supermarket notice that she’s complaining despite almost all the meat being eaten, she may need a response 🙂

bearnecessities

I’d say you’ve got beef with the retailer in question; sow what if you’ve eaten it?

Send a strongly worded email with some French references for humour. Pourquoi you sent? Etc etc.

Bregante

It was that or fish fingers. And captain birds eyes finest don’t go well with roast potatoes and gravy.

Even if they have got added omega 3

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ve eaten worse

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Mmmm lovely roast pork!’ is closed to new replies.