Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • MK/Woburn riders bin the Strava
  • oldgit
    Free Member

There’s actually some real racing tonight, against real people. No underhand pseudo racing.
    There will be no talk of Strava here, or what the latest jollup you’re necking is, no internet w@nking over stats or averages.
    Just pump up your tyres and get as close to the number one spot as possible.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

WOW!

YOU ARE COOLER THAN OTHER PEOPLE!

wwaswas

Are GPS’s and strava banned during races then?

Someone might want to know that, despite not winning, they got their best time ever over a certain piece of singletrack or they got a quicker time than their mate who’se faster overall and was a lap ahead do them up a certain climb?

[edit] if there’s one thing that racers/wannabe races tend to love it’s stats and averages 😉 There’s a lot of turbo trainign with an hrm done in the ‘closed season’…

kerv
    Free Member

Where and what sort of racing Olden?

allthepies
    Free Member

oldgit by name…. 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

jonba
    Free Member

I got some of my best KOMs during races and I’ll (or someone else if they beat me to it) often set up lap segments to review a race.

Is hating Strava a bit like claiming you don’t like Facebook?

oldgit
    Free Member

Kerv. At the MK Bowl, it’s actually a great little course. Oh and XC racing. Get there to start at 7pm.

WOW!

YOU ARE COOLER THAN OTHER PEOPLE!

Thanks.

TBH I’d thought I’d help some folks here. There was a post not so long ago were people were trying to work out how good they are against other riders by using Strava. Well why not actually find out?

flap_jack
    Free Member

just off there myself. I hope start is 715 or I’m playing catch up…

jambalaya
    Free Member

Strava via GPS from a phone is not capable of accurately timing a trail segment. Full stop.

flap_jack
    Free Member

really enjoyed that. Using the steps as trail obstacles was inspired !

oldgit
    Free Member

Good wasn’t it.
    Didn’t take the steps, kept thinking of those immortal words from Star Trek ‘Captain she can’ee take any more’ cost me about four places every lap 😥
    Took me most of the race to relax on the off camber as well.

oldgit
    Free Member

Need a nice golf course circuit now for the old roadie legs.

flap_jack
    Free Member

I was watching, not racing. You might like to know that the 29ers were having a much easier time on the steps.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Someone pissed in jambalyas chips 🙂 or hes justifying his non kom status with that authoritive statement…….

Im guessing your day job is a gps researcher then or you know nothing full stop ……see i can sound authoritive on the internetz too haha

Some people take strava waaaaayy to seriously ….

Its a bit of fun its never going to be 100% accurate and it certainly isnt going to replace real rAcing

Those that can – race those that cant strava

What it is is a good training tool to drive you harder doing intervals on your jack jones

Pook

I thought strava was a coffee machine

oldgit
    Free Member

Well the main reason I hate Strava and don’t use it, is because my phone won’t support it.
    Lumia 710 in case it’s me?

I was watching, not racing. You might like to know that the 29ers were having a much easier time on the steps.

They weren’t so cocky in the tight and switchy backy singletrack.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘MK/Woburn riders bin the Strava’ is closed to new replies.