• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by cjr61.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Mk6 VW Golf drivers – random accessory query…
  • cjr61

Hi,

I’ve recently bought my new (to me) 2012 golf and wondering what’s missing from the boot. There is a rectangular attachment on the inside near-side of the boot with some elastic strapping. What should be going here? Wondering if it’s something like emergency triangle kit or something??

Thanks

Chris

TPTcruiser

Same here, 56 plate, had it for a year, I ought to read the manual I guess.

bainbrge

It’s just a clip and separate strap to loop your shopping bags into.

cjr61

Think it’s th red box….what is it?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

its just additional storage. I suspect there may be a VW supplied first aid kit or something that comes with a stupid mark up you could shove there if you wanted. My old Octy VRS had something similar – stored a few car cleaning bits, spare bulbs etc behind it.

nixie

Think that’s a warning triangle

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Ah, now that is a warning triangle. Seem my post above – buy one from Halfords.

woody2000

Red box is a warning triangle, but almost certainly an optional extra. My 2010 golf had a covered cubby hole on the LHS, precisely for storing that kind of stuff.

somouk
    Free Member

MK6 it would be the warning triangle as pictured.

MK7 comes with a little velcro bag and the warning triangle goes into a holder in the boot lid.

cookeaa

Warning Triangle kit, as it’s not a statutory requirement to have one in the UK I doubt VW will normally include it over here (yet another optiona extra I’m sure), over in that there Europe it might be different, hence the recess for it…

njee20
    Free Member

My mk5’s got a cubby for the first aid kit in the same place – obviously a deeper and more square recess, with an elastic strap to hold it in.

cliffyc
    Free Member

Had an old Mercedes Benz years ago with a massive metal warning triangle in the bootlid,always makes me smile when you see same model now with open boot and prevous owner has “hung onto” it! :-).

cjr61

Ok excellent detective work. Warning triangle kit it is!

Thanks all

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Mk6 VW Golf drivers – random accessory query…’ is closed to new replies.