• This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by bubs.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Mk1 Scandal 29er owners, a question please
  • bubs

Does the seat tube have some flat spots near the first cable guide that look suspiciously like over tightened clamp marks or are these On-one design features….they appear to prevent the seat post being fully dropped too.

bubs

\gentle bump\. Anyone have or had one?

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

its a long time since i had one, but i cant recall anything like that.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Nor me (I wish I’d never sold that frame!)

ratadog

Got one in the garage and will try and have a look in daylight tomorrow.

andyl
    Free Member

Iirc the seat tube does change diameter but should be round. Got a BRG 16″ one in the cupboard. Can check if no one else gets back to you.

bubs

Thanks all. Confirmation one way or the other would be good, I can then make a call on whether I build it up or bin it along with my lightweight 29er dreams…

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Can you slide a seat post inside it and see if the tube is deformed?

flashes
    Free Member

If anyone has a spare 16″ SS one, please let me know……

ratadog

Hi,
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but my early 29er Scandal does not appear to have any flat spots at or near the cable guide on the seat tube.

epicyclo

andyl – Member
    Iirc the seat tube does change diameter but should be round…

That’s what mine looks like too.

shortbread_fanylion – Member
    …I wish I’d never sold that frame!…

I suspect there’s a few ex Scandal owners with similar regrets. 🙂

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

I remember when I treated mine to a titanium seatpost (CarbonCycles) it was much longer than what I had been running.

When I slipped it in for the first time, it wouldn’t go all the way down, upon closer inspection there was a small bit of weld blobbed inside the tube, I took a round file to it and gently filed, tested, filed, tested etc until it was a nice fit.

However there was no distortion to the outside of the tube, no flat spots or anything.

-Phill-

bubs

Thanks for the responses. I should have checked the frame properly when I bought it. I think I will use a long seat post that sits as deep into the seat tube as I can go and just ride it until the crush becomes a crack and then buy a Sherpa instead if I get on with the whole 29er thing.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Mk1 Scandal 29er owners, a question please’ is closed to new replies.