Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Mk1 blue pig vs 456 evo
  • SOAP
    Free Member

I’ve got a blue pig and thinking about a 456 evo when they come back in stock.
    Would like a slightly slacker seat tube angle tbh
    Has anyone owned both and what are the main differences with the ride?

brant
    Free Member

Would like a slightly slacker seat tube angle tbh

why?

SOAP
    Free Member

I would like my hardtail to feel similar to my full sus.
    The pig feels like the cranks are way back almost tucked under and IMO feels better with a layback post.
    standard 456 felt ok
    Layback post = no dropper = no flow in the ride

Duffer
    Free Member

Move the seat back on the rails…?

I’m always the first to recommend a 456 in any situation, but I honestly don’t think you’ll achieve anything. They were designed by the same man, after all.

brant
    Free Member

I would like my hardtail to feel similar to my full sus.

That’s going to be impossible.

I’m always the first to recommend a 456 in any situation, but I honestly don’t think you’ll achieve anything. They were designed by the same man, after all

Actually, one of the things I did on the Evo was to try to get it to climb better without a very steep seat angle. Though I did this with chainstay length and BB height. Bigger 456Evo’s have longer chainstays to balance the bike relative to the saddle position.

mickolas
    Free Member

and look around for a seatpost with a larger setback than your current. that should compensate for any amount of difference in actual seattube angle between the two. also, look at the axle-to-crown lengths on the two bikes you are comparing.

as I understand it the 456 rides a little stiffer than the blue pig (though this is not from personal experience). not saying this is good or bad, but is it what you want?

nickdavies

Layback post = no dropper = no flow in the ride

Run a layback dropper?

SOAP
    Free Member

Don’t think they do a layback dropper nick.
    I understand that a hardtail is ever going to feel like a full sus, but I would of thought seat and crank placement could be similar.

pickle
    Free Member

I must be too ‘Old School’ as i just don’t see any need to have my seat post drop at the push of a button 😕

Never been a problem for me pushing my weight over the rear wheel with the saddle where it is

bikeneil
    Free Member

^ this for me too.

SOAP
    Free Member

Where do you ride and do your wheels come off the ground? ^^
    Anyhow my op was how dose the 456evo differ to a mk1 pig

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Mk1 blue pig vs 456 evo’ is closed to new replies.