Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • MJ-872 which battery pack?
  • TrentSteel
    Free Member

There seem to be 2 types on offer
    One in an aluminium enclosure and one in a black plastic enclosure

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Magicshine-MJ-872-1600-Lumens-LED-Bike-light-/180758642497?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Cycling_Bike_Lights&hash=item2a160dff41#ht_2502wt_1398

Not bothered about voltage display, I care about it being waterproof and if one version performs better than the other.

Opinions?

thanks

Duggan

If you’re willing to spend more on a better battery there are a range of options on the link below for the Open light Systems batteries:

http://www.magicshineuk.co.uk/products/Front-Bike-Light-Magicshine-MJ-872-LSET

Not sure how they compare to the others but might be worth a look.

Lifer
    Free Member

Give Smudge on a shout on here or @ http://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk he might be able to help!

organic355
    Free Member

Trent what did you decide in the end?

I dont like the look of the aluminium one, looks too big and the LCd screen is just something else that can break?

cp

I have the larger enclosed battery on my MJ 836.

The battery is not THAT big – fits neatly under the top tube on the bike, or in the outer pocket in my Camelbak Mule.

organic355
    Free Member

And do you ever use the lcd function on the battery? Did it come with a bettery bag or just a velcro strap? looks like it would scratch your frame?

cp

I use the LCD quite a bit – either to know if i have enough juice to go out for an hour, or to know where it’s up to when charging, say just for a quick partial charge.

The top of the case is concave to shape to the frame & has a foam pad covering the entire surface. The strap is very broad and smooth – actually one of the better battery mounts I’ve seen. You can easily get it nice and tight so it doesn’t move about.

TrentSteel
    Free Member

I went for the black silicon sealed one in the end, after reading a review that the aluminium ones might not be totally waterproof due to the seals been incorrectly assembled in the factory.

Whats everyone elses battery life like? I seem to get the full 2 hours but the life indicator on the torch only shows green (100-75%) for 5 minutes, then blue(75-50%) for 30mins, then amber 30mins, then red 30, so a total of 1:35 hours, but it’ll then keep going for another 25 mins with the flashing red 5% left warning.

organic355
    Free Member

where did you get it from in the end Trent (the light and battery)?

Seems to be numerous options and varying prices?

what did you pay also?

Northwind

I’ve got the big aluminium battery, it seems a quality bit of kit and the frame mounting really is superb. But I wish I’d got the smaller, lighter one tbh, since it lives in my camelbak anyway.

So I’d say alu one for frame mount, other one for bag use.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘MJ-872 which battery pack?’ is closed to new replies.