Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mixing XTR & X0 10 spd components
  • athy62
    Free Member

Can you mix & match them. I know the cranksets have different numbers of teeth so is it possible to use an X0 crankset with an X0 cassette using XT(R)shifters & rear derailleur? I seem to remember reading somewhere that SRAM & Shimano 10spd chains were not compatible. Is that right?

dhrider
    Free Member

They are not really very compatible. Best off sticking with the same brand as the SRAM front mechs work with the teeth difference on the chainsets but not necessarily the shimano ones.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

(Falls over in shock)

athy62
    Free Member

Thought as much….ta

takisawa2

I would love to be able to afford this problem. 🙂

cruzer
    Free Member

Basically its a load of rubbish. the only thing you cant mix is sram/shimano shifters with the opposite rear mech due to pull ratios.

I current run SRAM XX shifters and rear mech with an XTR front mech and it shifters flawlessly. personally i wouldnt run a SRAM front mech, as their rubbish. shimanos front mechs are second to none.

With regards to cranks, 1-2 teeth difference wont make a great deal of difference.

and im running a shimano chain on an XX rear cassette, so thats rubbish as well :D.

Hope that helps 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

I put a SRAM chain on a used XX cassette and it was perfect. Put wheel on a different bike with brand new XTR chain and it skipped horrendously in almost every gear. Make of that what you will!

In general though, I’d say there’s cross compatibility, suspect the cassette was just on the cusp of being worn out and the Shimano chain was more ‘fussy’.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mixing XTR & X0 10 spd components’ is closed to new replies.