Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mixed nuts and raisins
  • nickc

Was there a decision reached on whether these are a healthy replacement for a doughnut or are they still loaded with sugar and thusly a food from the devil’s own behind?

Molly? Solo?

dashed
    Free Member

Also curious – love a massive bag few mixed nuts and raisins… Always amazed at how many calories in a bag though.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Different sugars

Natural as opposed to refined

Fill your face

footflaps

Natural as opposed to refined

and this is better how?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

no idea

But its my justification

😀

Dont go spoiling it for me (and them) if you know otherwise.

zilog6128

IMO they are both good for you (in moderation) but I would personally have one or the other rather than both at the same time as nuts are high-fat and dried fruit is high sugar. That is not a good combo to have together IMO. (Still better than a donut though!)

trail_rat
    Free Member

https://www.diabetesdaily.com/blog/2014/09/white-sugar-vs-fruit-sugar-theres-a-big-difference/

and thats the tip of it.

Theres a number of papers in place correlating a link between consuming lots of refined sugars and certain types of cancers as well – although everything causes cancer now – but more worrying the data points to increased heart disease and artery clogging – more so than some fats that are being blamed for the above.

*sources = science of ultra podcast – have a listen they mention the papers on there. I dont have my phone with me to point out the podcast numbers but they do one on heart health , one on fat consumptions and one on fueling during ultra

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mixed nuts and raisins’ is closed to new replies.