Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Missy life going “downill fast”
  • tails
    Free Member

Clicky

What she up to thought she was involved in downhill in the big money days. Strange how ACC gone on to win olympic gold and missy now looking at a stretch

theflatboy
    Free Member

oops. haven’t heard that name for a while, shame it’s in these circumstances. sounds like the trial will be a formality if the figures in the articles are true. 🙁

jimmy

Giove is the most successful and perhaps colorful rider in competitive mountain biking’s history

really?

mrsflash
    Free Member

Oh dear 🙁

richc
    Free Member

thats a serious amount of weed.

sslowpace
    Free Member

I thought 5 years was a bit strong, even in the ol’ USA, for a bit of mary joanna, but 400lbs of the stuff is a bit much. 😯

Naughty naughty.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Anyone else remember Hosoi?

tails
    Free Member

interestingly didn’t and ex mtber just get out on the west coast after getting caught a few years back, i wanna say rockwell but quite sure its not

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Wow! Wierd, was just browsing for Missy last week after a conversation with a friend about her, all over the mags in the early 90s then went into gay rights and then vanished. Seems she has been getting into hydroponics in the attic (or at least that’s how I am told they grow it!!)

chakaping
    Free Member

“Drug trafficking can lead you downhill fast,” Drug Enforcement Administration Special Agent John Gilbride said.

Somebody give that man a TV show.

jackthedog
    Free Member

That’s two riders from the old Volvo Cannondale DH team (halcyon days) that are in trouble over drugs. Nightmare.

sslowpace
    Free Member

tails, Miles Rockwell rings a bell. Is he doing road stuff now?

MrAgreeable

I’m shaking my head at the DEA officer’s woeful attempt at a hilarious Chief Wiggum-style closing speech. “There won’t be any mountain biking where she’s going, boys!”

Last thing I heard she was settling down with her partner on a ranch somewhere. Didn’t something similar derail Myles Rockwell’s career pretty drastically?

lookoutkid
    Free Member

Absolutely! The docu film is really good too..

twohats
    Free Member

Yes, the film, Rising Son: The Legend of Skateboarder Christian Hosoi, about his rise to fame, then descent into drugs and prison and his subsequent life turn around, is a very interesting watch.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1668683935849006108

cynic-al
    Free Member

James Hunt’s life is an interesting turn around also, though not quite so extreme.

cynic-al
    Free Member

But she’s a creative & successful individual – she should be given a post encouraging kids into sport or similar.

SidKillerest
    Free Member

I would have just claimed it were for personal use.
    Rockwell was running a hydro growing operation, busted in 2004 i think.
    Tut tut.

richc
    Free Member

Reminded me of the Sam Brown story on nsmb.com, hopefully it won’t end up the same way.

http://www.nsmb.com/2893-sam-brown-rip/

Also with 400lbs of the stuff, I would be very surprised if she got the minimum sentence of 5 years, and the max is 40 years.

epicyclo

Just shows mountainbikers can do drugs better than roadies…

Sad to see this happen.

Keva
    Free Member

Following the defendants’ initial appearance, DEA Special Agent in Charge Gilbride stated, “(Drug) trafficking can lead you downhill fast. From championship mountain biking to street level drug dealing…

100kg of weed is hardly street level dealing !

Kev

domino

Thats sad.

I saw her race on the TV and had recently read about her, the next day I tried to ride faster downhill than I ever had before, I went over the bars and broke my scaphoid 🙂

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Just shows mountainbikers can do drugs better than roadies…

lol

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Giove is the most successful and perhaps colorful rider in competitive mountain biking’s history

really?

In terms of NORBAs yeah, I’m pretty sure Anne Caro beats her on World champs etc.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Al, James Hunt ended up breeding Budgies. Rock & Roll

snakebite
    Free Member

blimey, nearly misread that as James Hunt ended up breeding with budgies… 🙄

metalheart
    Free Member

aw, man that sucks…

always had a soft spot for Melissa. wore that cannondale ‘…we’re suspending her’ tee til it fell apart.

mattbee

Yeah, Myles Rockwell got busted for cultivation a few years back didn’t he?

coffeeking
    Free Member

**** idiot. What a way to waste your youth and career.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Thats a lot of green , such a shamei thought she would be doing some sort of coaching with young lady downhillers or the like. She looks quite hot in that picture

zaskarrider
    Free Member

missy was one of my faves
    i remember her back in the day with that dried piranha
    awesome

CountZero

Wow, what a shame. Can’t believe Missy has got into this mess, she had set up a team for coaching and bringing on new talent. Perhaps the cutbacks have taken all the sponsorship deals away and left her high and dry. I met her a couple of times, once in Vail where she won the Worlds for the first time, and she signed my SuperVee 3000, which is what she won on, and then at the Bike Show in London. She was really sweet to chat to.

Pigface
    Free Member

Jay Adams, Christian Hosoi both incarcerated for drugs Gator murdered his girlfriend.

Buttons, Nicky Wood amazing surfers who went off the rails Mark Occhilupo who managed to get it back together.

There does seem to be a lot of alty sports people who fall by the wayside.

BoardinBob

With any luck she’ll get a good wash in sing sing. She could certainly do with one.

CountZero

BoardinBob, are you implying that Missy’s ethnic background makes her look dirty? Perhaps you’d like to say the same about her teammate Tinker, after all, he’s Hispanic and has dark skin, too. Or are you just an ignorant ****?

manitou
    Free Member

I suppose as her career in MTB dried up she was tempted into crime. Funny how the sport was full of U.S> riders back in the day. Now its full of drugged up euro roadies 🙄

woody2000

Blimey CZ that’s a huge jump to conclusions – maybe he just meant she looks a bit scruffy/dirty?

Relax man……:-)

coffeeking
    Free Member

CZ jumping to conclusions slightly there 😀

I’ve no idea why anyone would jump to crime even if the sponsorship had dried up etc!

BoardinBob

BoardinBob, are you implying that Missy’s ethnic background makes her look dirty? Perhaps you’d like to say the same about her teammate Tinker, after all, he’s Hispanic and has dark skin, too. Or are you just an ignorant ****?

What a fanny 😆

She looks like a manky, crusty, hippy with smelly dreadlocks. I didn’t have a clue, and couldn’t care less, about her ethnicity.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Missy life going “downill fast”’ is closed to new replies.