Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Missy Giove's '93 Yeti bike + which brand do you think she should make comeback
  • whatnobeer
    Free Member

You know in those “death by careless driving” cases when the motorist gets off lightly due to the jury thinking “could have been me”? That’s what we’re seeing here as regards a drug crime.

I’m not sure if you’re suggesting that her jury was made up of pot smokers or that her supporters/those in favour of legalization of pot are smokers.

I don’t smoke and still think the current legal status of cannabis is joke, and that reform of our drug laws should be a serious priority.

kerley
    Free Member

You know in those “death by careless driving” cases when the motorist gets off lightly due to the jury thinking “could have been me”? That’s what we’re seeing here as regards a drug crime.

What, I am putting myself in the position of selling $100,000s of cannabis and setting up a dealer network – wow.

The point for me is that while it is illegal people have to break the law to supply it. Make alcohol illegal tomorrow (which is should be if cannabis is) and people would be breaking the law to supply that – possibly to you.

wrecker
    Free Member

Shouldn’t she be on a Transition Smuggler?

Northwind

Selling drugs is a less severe crime than stealing jokes 🙁

wrecker
    Free Member

Oh bin dun?
    I just scan read. Too eager to prove how kleverz I is.

zero-cool
    Free Member

All this talk about her past is irrelevant as she was caught, tried, convicted and did the time she was given.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Looks like she’s finished her run at the champs anyway, crashed and still placed 16th?

I don’t really know the story with her past but I think she’s well in her 40’s, apparently not done much bike riding at all for years and she can roll up in her jeans and get down a top DH track within 30/40 seconds of the worlds elite. Pretty good IMO!

CountZero

Anyhow, Missy is a part of our early years for many of us – an unusual icon during our teenage years. A lass that we probably didn’t fap over (a rare thing at that time) but was something of an icon in our biggest hobby (apart from fapping).

It’s a lovely piece of nostaligia to see her back on the scene and doing fairly well, and with our advanced years and experience that brings, we can forgive one of our idols for mistakes she’s made, because since we were introduced to her back then, we’ve all made plenty ourselves.
    Maybe now I can wear my Vail ’94 Volvo Cannondale hat with Missy’s autograph on it without feeling a bit awkward.
    And I still have my SuperVee with Rockshoks on, virtually identical to Missy’s WC winning bike, that she signed for me after she won the downhill. 😀
    Really glad she’s managed to get herself straightened out, and is having a go at some serious racing again.
    A real character, I’ve really not bothered much with following racing in recent years; I think I might start again. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Missy Giove's '93 Yeti bike + which brand do you think she should make comeback’ is closed to new replies.