Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)
  • Missy Giove
  • sharkattack

I can’t look at, listen to, or read about Missy without making constant connections to this film;

She is the absolute living embodiment of it.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

so its not alright to take drugs in sport, but its alright to sell/transport/distribute it on a massive scale and be welcomed back with open arms?

the interview was cringeworthy

sharkattack

Something similar was said about Palmer a couple of years back, maybe 2011 or something that he was going to race certain WCs, but I don’t think he ever did.

2010 he raced Mont St Anne and Windham and in his own words he was scared. Not sure if he qualified, he certainly didn’t make the cut for the live feed. 2011 is when Windham was flooded by hurricane Irene.

…but its alright to sell/transport/distribute it on a massive scale and be welcomed back with open arms?

But now it’s completely harmless and legal and earning astronomical sums of tax on legitimate sales so why the hypocrisy? The DEA owe her an apology.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dirtyrider
    Free Member

The DEA owe her an apology.

😆

Northwind

dirtyrider – Member

so its not alright to take drugs in sport, but its alright to sell/transport/distribute it on a massive scale and be welcomed back with open arms?

It’s alright, it was just weed- not something really nasty like tobacco

murf
    Free Member

I met her in a pub in Fort William, she’s chatty, down to earth and quick witted. Was a fan before I met her and after seeing the road her life took and an apparent turnaround I have even more admiration 🙂

bigjim

She’s fantastic, one of the great characters of the sport, saw her in Fort Bill years ago too but was too shy to say hi. Think she is riding a rented bike for this race!

bigjim

She swears a quite a bit..

seems to be compulsory for DH, ratboy got a few f words into the live Red Bull stream last weekend

whippersnapper
    Free Member

**** yeah!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Great misogyny there snorkelsucker.

dans160
    Free Member

The interview in dirt explained a fair bit of her situation. I hope she does well.

convert

In June 2009, Giove was arrested in Wilton, New York on charges of conspiring to possess and distribute 384 pounds of marijuana. Giove pled guilty to the charges.[2] On November 23, 2011, she was sentenced to the time served, six months of home detention and five years of supervised release.[

I forgot about her. That was remarkably lenient.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

i don’t care either way, i was just putting up an opposition to the fawning 😆

she’s probably just looking for a payday

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Yeah, ‘cos weed is so innocuous….. 🙄

sharkattack

Think she is riding a rented bike for this race!

She’s been supplied with a Tues by YT

Or her wife has terminal cancer and her dying wish is to see Missy race a world cup one last time.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

If that’s the case then she’d be better going back to selling some weed than battling for a middle of the pack placing at a World Cup race.

AlexSimon

The lady definitely has style:
    From yesterday’s practice:

Josh and her are a match made in heaven:
    http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/Missy-Giove-at-the-2015-Windham-World-Cup,9260/Slideshow,0/sspomer,2
    (sweary again)

Edit: Crash looks pretty full-on

AlexSimon

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

No more mummified piranha?

DezB
    Free Member

Edit: Crash looks pretty full-on

She’s a effin tough effin bitch effin, so she’s effin o-effin-k dude. 😆

sharkattack

Just found this picture of her from earlier this year. Obviously still a big sender.

mcj78
    Free Member

mrlebowski – Member
    Yeah, ‘cos weed is so innocuous…..

I’m guessing you’re Mr Lebowski, mrlebowski, not The Dude?

8)

Coyote
    Free Member

Hope she qualifies for the main event. Would be great to see her race.

volatilemike
    Free Member

Before my time but read up on her. Looks like she can still send it!

Seems cool.

Hope we get to see a race run but they only show the last 10? or so women riders so probably wont.

nickc

Qualified 17th!!

she’s still got it then. 8)

wildheart
    Free Member

Love that comment from Josh Bryceland,
    “I’ve brought me mum” 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Go girl! 😀

Speshpaul

She is what she is, arrrrrrrrrrrrrsum.

duncancallum

Was never her or Palmers biggest fans but credit were it’s due, that’s some effort

superfli
    Free Member

+1 duncancallum

toys19
    Free Member

You just knew her and ratboy would be like moths to a flame.

AlexSimon

Race run looked pretty good apart from the obvious case early on.
    Great to see some footage on the live coverage!

Rockplough
    Free Member

Jeezo. I remember Missy from the telly when I was wee, and while it was impressive enough seeing a 43yr old woman riding like that, I didn’t know she was doing it for her wife.

“Unfortunately, my girl got cancer. You know that’s a f*cking scary thing. It’s not a small situation and we’ll get through it. We kinda went through some things that maybe she’d like to do in life, you know, and one was to see me race a World Cup. I was like, ‘really?’ I was like, ‘OK!'”

;_;

Northwind

Is her race run up anywhere? Or is it in the full rerun? I missed it live

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

She was something like 35 seconds off the winning time. I’m no race officionado, but isn’t that like a geolgoical epoch behind in DH race terms?

taxi25
    Free Member

35 secs is fairly normal in women’s DH. There’s a huge gap between the very good but also rans and the top ten podium chasers.

warpcow
    Free Member

There was a crash too, though, and she was already carrying an injury from her crash during qualifying (or was it pratice?).

Her run starts at about 16.15 in the replay.

volatilemike
    Free Member

@Northwind – They didn’t show the full run. Just parts, should be up on the replay though. She was pretty loose!!

Cool to see!

She was never going to trouble the podium but on a borrowed bike and no training I think she did well. Also consider Rachel Atherton won by almost 10 compared to 2nd place.

AlexSimon

The link is here.
    Missy is shown at 16:10
    http://www.redbull.tv/videos/event-stream-521/downhill-finals

kimbers

Scienceofficer – Member
    She was something like 35 seconds off the winning time. I’m no race officionado, but isn’t that like a geolgoical epoch behind in DH race terms?

meh, rachael was 10s ahead of 2nd place !

and Missy clocked the 3rd highest speed of the day 58kph, ive never been that fast on the road let alone on a DH course

sounds like shes still got the skills, just not the fitness, at 43 and 10+ years off the bike shes amazeballs imho

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Missy Giove’ is closed to new replies.