Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Mission creep!
  • dannyh
    Free Member

There were a couple of nagging maintenance jobs I needed to do after my Saturday morning ride, so I set aside this afternoon to do them. Namely, replacing my shifter after discovering the back of it was missing, and servicing the air spring of my fork.

However, after my ride yesterday I noticed a broken spoke in my rear wheel. At least it was non-drive side. So, I take the tyre and tube off and notice a substantial dent in the rim. On closer inspection, I saw the rim was cracked. Bugger. At least I’ve got a nice newish rim on another wheel. Except I have been using that wheel as a donor wheel for spokes for the last year or so. So I had to swap the cassette and rotor over as well as lacing four spokes from the knackered wheel into it. Then truing it up.

I did get the shifter changed as well, but the fork service is going to have wait for a fortnight at least.

I assume this is usual for others on STW as it probably the fifth time I’ve lost half a day to rapidly spiraling mechanical issues.

I’m going to be busy for the next few weeks. As well as fixing my bike, I need to re-learn how to ride it as well. That pesky rain has shifted the goalposts.

Kahurangi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Mission creep!’ is closed to new replies.