Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Missing STWer
  • BoardinBob

Apologies if this has been posted but a riding friend and STW member has been missing for some time now. He posts under the name WackoAK on here. Latest info

https://www.facebook.com/GreaterGlasgowPoliceDivision/photos/a.1434595523445298.1073741828.1428980477340136/1616993865205462/?type=1&fref=nf

And for those not on Facebook

MISSING MAN – JACKSON ALEXANDER KENNEDY REID

Police are continuing to appeal for information about a missing Glasgow man who hasn’t been seen since 26 June 2015.

Jackson Alexander Kennedy Reid, 42, lives in Pollokshaws Road and was last seen in the Battlefield area.

He is believed to have travelled from Glasgow to the Dumbarton area on Saturday 27th June.

There have been no confirmed sightings of him since that time and officers and his family are becoming increasingly concerned for his well-being.

Jackson is described as 6ft, white, with short dark brown hair. He was last seen wearing a dark grey hooded fleece top and dark grey bottoms. He was also carrying a grey backpack with black panels and is believed to be in possession of camping equipment.

Chief Inspector Carol McGuire said: “Our enquiries to trace Jackson are continuing but unfortunately we have been unable to trace him as yet and are unable to confirm a reported sighting of him in Aviemore on 4 July 2015.

“Jackson is a very resourceful and keen outdoorsman and we are aware that he has potentially intended to travel to a number of areas suitable for outdoor pursuits or camping in rural areas of Scotland.

“I am appealing for the help of the public and ask if you recognise Jackson from the pictures or think you may have seen him please contact us as soon as possible.

“Anyone with information can contact police on 101.

If anyone has seen him or knows anything can they please contact the police. He’s an awesome guy with a lot of worried friends and family.

edward2000
    Free Member

Not good news! Hope he turns up safe and sound

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bump.

Lost out on a ride, perhaps?

Either way, fingers crossed.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    njee20
    Free Member

Reported, suggesting a sticky.

Edit: that was quick, thanks Mods!

nbt

hoping he’s just gone wild camping for a few days and doesn’t realise there’s a fuss going on

BoardinBob

hoping he’s just gone wild camping for a few days and doesn’t realise there’s a fuss going on

He’s been gone for a month unfortunately

bearnecessities

I was hoping the same as nbt, but a few weeks, and will be getting the bollocking of his life when he returns.

Fingers crossed that’s the case.

milky1980
    Free Member

Any idea if he’s taken his bike too? Might be easier for people to spot out in the wilds.

jamj1974

Fingers crossed for his safe return.

Pigface
    Free Member

Hope there is good news soon.

hora
    Free Member

Bugger, longshot- if you are reading this fella if theres anything etc that me or others can do? markhoracekuk At yahoo dot com.

woody21
    Free Member

Any news?

BoardinBob

No news unfortunately

matt_outandabout

😕

hora
    Free Member

Any news?

Coyote
    Free Member

Why no longer a sticky? Is there (hopefully good) news?

bearnecessities

Anything happening on this by the way? Checked Google but nothing since initial reporting.

nick1962
    Free Member

Sad news I’m afraid 😥 Others with more info may update if/when it’s ok with the family.

bearnecessities

🙁 Ok, thanks Nick.

woody2000

Ah shit 🙁

BoardinBob

As Nick said, sad news unfortunately. Didn’t want to say anything until the family had made it public. His sister posted this message earlier

Missing my brother Jackson Alexander Kennedy Reid.

Thank you to everyone who has contacted myself, my family and my friends over the past months with regards to my big brother, Jackson.
    Jackson died, age 42, and funeral arrangements are currently being made in Dumbarton to lay him to rest.
    Please contact me if you require any further information concerning the date and time for the funeral.
    Thank you. Jillian Walker.

The big man will be sorely missed. A brilliant cyclist and one of the funniest guys I knew. Always a pleasure to ride with him.

badnewz
    Free Member

Very sorry to hear this.
    Condolences to his family and friends.

Pigface
    Free Member

Sad sad news

RustySpanner

Awful news.
    Condolences to family and friends.

SaxonRider

The worst sort of news.

Memory eternal.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Bugger, sad news.

Any idea what happened?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

🙁

hora
    Free Member

R.I.P Sir

muddydwarf
    Free Member

My condolences to all who knew him.

deadkenny
    Free Member

My condolences. So sad 🙁

bearnecessities

Any idea what happened?

Curiosity is understandable, but sounds like that’s something that the family want private.

Nice photo.

Happy trails WackoAK.

trailhound
    Free Member

Sad news. Ride in peace

Dark-Side

Such sad news. RIP 🙁

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Missing STWer’ is closed to new replies.