Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Missing Spokes???
  • Jammy111
    Free Member

Firstly can i say i've got no idea about wheel building of any kind so you will have to bear with me.

I've got a rear ex721 on a reverse evo nine 150mm spaced hub; its missing one of the spokes. How would i go about getting a replacement? Do i need a specific length of spoke or are they all generic?? Can you buy single spokes from anywhere??

Any help or advice is appreciated,
    James

james
    Free Member

You need a specific length, to the nearest 2mm (I think). Bike shops sell them singularly

Jammy111
    Free Member

will the shop know what length i need or is that for me to find out beforehand??

Am i looking at a quid or two or is it going to be one of those rip off parts such as lost rebound adjusters etc etc etc

James

mocha
    Free Member

Take the wheel with you to be sure you get the right size. Shouldn't be more than a quid for a spoke. So long as you don't want it fitting.

sangobegger
    Free Member

Go and download some info from Roger Musson,I'm abouts to build up an ex 721 – my first attempt at wheelbuilding.There are loads of spoke calculators on the web though,try DT Swiss for starters.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

you'd need some technical data on the hub dimensions for a spoke calculator. a (very) quick google search for the technical spec of the hub on google came out fruitless though… might be worth just taking it to a bike shop…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Missing Spokes???’ is closed to new replies.