Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Missing someone you know you shouldn't….
  • sweepy
    Free Member

Its like giving up smoking IMO, once you decide its finished its ok, or you can spend the rest of your life torturing yourself with thoughts of going back.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

tell me to **** off if you like cos this is just my opinion but…..from extensive personal experience i would like to say to you –
    like most of reality, its all in your head. you control your head. get control of this. it wasn’t how you remember it, nothing is.

your memory is a really weird thing, its not like a series of photos or a film, your creating it now, in real time and right now your just focusing on the bits that make you remember being in love because that is what you want, to be in love.

go and be in love with someone else. your probably just being lazy because you think the whole ‘getting to know and falling in love’ bit is going to be difficult and laborious so your reminiscing about someone who you have got past that with, (that was me anyway) but ill tell you a secret……..
    falling in love with someone new is one of the best bits 🙂
    good luck with it mate, heartache is hard

bearnecessities

your memory is a really weird thing, its not like a series of photos or a film, your creating it now, in real time and right now your just focusing on the bits that make you remember being in love because that is what you want, to be in love

That, is very well put.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Good post Jonah.

TheSanityAssassin

3dvgirl – Member

we’re talking about TJ, right?

who is TJ?

He is a name, not a login ID. He is a free man.

Be seeing you…

BoardinBob

Happily married for 5 years, been together for 7. I still think often about a girl from 13 years ago. No lingering feelings, more regret over how it all ended and i cant apologise.

tomhoward

if you have any sexy pictures makes yourself feel better by putting them up on a pervy site, here that’ll do it.

FTFY

Oh, wait…

Fwiw, I had a couple of chances with a girl 6-7 years ago, but screwed them both up (hindsight is awesome). I’d marry her tomorrow, had she not married someone else in the meantime.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

He is a name, not a login ID. He is a free man.

Be seeing you…

In death, a member of project mayhem has a name. His name is TandemJeremy. His name is TandemJeremy. His name is TandemJeremy.

johndoh
    Free Member

I was still thinking about my love 12 months after we split. Then I decided to put her behind me, move on and find someone else.

I found someone, my old love then came back into my life (because she realised she might never have me again if I got serious with someone else). We got back together, got married and now have 2 kids.

zokes
    Free Member

paypal her £20 and get on with the rest of your life then.

Better: buy them, and ‘pay’ with PayPal gift. That’ll learn her….

Kunstler

That’s really well said Jonah. Taking control of your thoughts can then help you handle your emotions.

Also:

– Fill your life with interesting things that keep your mind off of them. This is a perfect time to learn a new hobby – dedicate time to it, knowing a new hobby will make you feel better in the long run.
    – Fill your life with interesting people, as above.

Don’t go to them asking for anything, it’s degrading for you and puts them in an uncomfortable position.

Instead, use your new found awesome hobby and confidence from having met new people to live your life better and I guarantee that you will either win them back, or meet someone who’s better.
    Also, in my experience, it takes an amount of time equal to half your relationship length to get over them. YMMV, except for the guarantee bit, that’s FACT.

This is what will happen over time anyway. It took me a long while and part of the reason it took so long was because I resistant by not being able to let go.

Ride away from it. Literally. Soon enough you’ll find that you are riding towards things that you want, that you can attain without having to negotiate the past.

Wheelie-good
    Free Member

I was in your position a little while ago, and I found the best thing to do was every time I missed my ex remembering all the good things, I would stop myself and start to think of all the crap things he did and all the reasons I left, it helped massively, but when a relationship ends you have to give yourself time to grieve simple as that.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

go and be in love with someone else. your probably just being lazy because you think the whole ‘getting to know and falling in love’ bit is going to be difficult and laborious so your reminiscing about someone who you have got past that with, (that was me anyway) but ill tell you a secret……..
    falling in love with someone new is one of the best bits

From my own recent experience, this is great advice.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Missing someone you know you shouldn't….’ is closed to new replies.