• This topic has 108 replies, 54 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by bruk.
Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)
  • Missing on the West Highland Way: Davey the dog
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

Dunno, but coming back from Glencoe earlier I found this lovely bit of steak at the side of the WHW. Gonna clean it up and cook it on the barbie tonight. Nom nom nom.

Dair
    Free Member

Sorry for not updating sooner. He’s still on the run. Lots of sightings in the same area, and the owner is down there today, so fingers crossed!

‘Mon the Davey!

Dair
    Free Member

Aaaaaargh!

Davey spotted this evening on the main road between Fort Bill and Glasgow.

COME ON, DAVEY! YOU’RE HAVING A LAUGH, MATE!!

The owners are now tag-teaming the search.

The hunt continues.

intode_void
    Free Member

As he appears to be ‘Davey the chuffin Wonder Dog’ can you do me a favour…once they catch him can you ask him what comes next after H, B, M, R, U, Y, S: Cheers

duntstick
    Free Member

Johnboy373
    Free Member

Hi Dair, Any news on davey? We done WHW last week and seen loads of “wanted” posters. He certainly picked a bad week to go on the run! The weathers been shocking.

We kept our eyes peeled but seen nothing.

We all have our fingers crossed.

stucol
    Free Member

On a related vein, was up Ben Lomond today. Posters for a missing dog there too.

Black lurcher type dog with white panel on chest. Called Tara.

Missing on the Ben since 27/5/11. Local police have owners details.

Just in case anyone is in the area.

Dair
    Free Member

Johnboy373 – thanks, but no joy. Owners are continuing the search, which has been made more difficult by Davey starting to move around more.

monksie
    Free Member

Forgive me my simple mind but if this dog has done a runner and keeps doing a runner every time somebody gets near and assuming he associates people with food, warmth, safety etc. dose it not logically infer that he is thinking ‘Bollocks to that! This living rough and by my wits is the business!” ?
    Looks to me like he’s enjoying his freedom. Leave him be. If this was the wife, I’d have given up after the first refusal.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Forgive me my simple mind but if this dog has done a runner and keeps doing a runner every time somebody gets near and assuming he associates people with food, warmth, safety etc. dose it not logically infer that he is thinking ‘Bollocks to that! This living rough and by my wits is the business!” ?

Made me think of this

Dair
    Free Member

Monksie – I knew there was a reason I decided not to share this thread with the owners! (very funny as it is…)

Mrs Toast – That is brilliant! Hyperbole and a half is brilliant!

monksie
    Free Member

Sorry Dair (genuinely). Not one of my best comments. I’m not doing great things today. I’ll buck up.
    I hope he sees the error of his wayward ways and gets himself rescued, sharp’ish.

jedi

i hope he gets found. i’d be out until i found mine

user-removed
    Free Member

Stuck up the ad on Facebook – ye never know….

Dair
    Free Member

Thanks, user-removed.

Monksie – no worries! Your (genuinely funny) post is quite tame compared to some of the previous comments.

Anyway, for those of us rooting for wee Davey, there have been lots more sightings (although, frustratingly, none by the owners), but he is still unwilling to go to anyone.

The new advice when people come across him is to drop to the ground, lie motionless, whimper and try to avoid eye contact. Apparently terriers are very currious, and the hope is that his curiosity will get the better of him!

Continue whimpering when he comes over and, with slow movements, offer him a treat.

Geesh!

COME ON DAVEY!

wwaswas

drop to the ground, lie motionless, whimper

that’ll be me at the top of any long climb then…

philconsequence
    Free Member

to drop to the ground, lie motionless, whimper and try to avoid eye contact

Continue whimpering when he comes over and, with slow movements, offer him a treat.

i thought we were searching for a dog, not offering women pulling techniques!?

good luck finding him! my fingers, toes and nuts are crossed for a successful rescue.

konabunny
    Free Member

Stuck up the ad on Facebook – ye never know….

Worth a shot but unless the dog’s older than 13, he won’t have a Facebook page.

Wozza
    Free Member

drop to the ground, lie motionless, whimper

that’ll be me at the top of any long climb then…

Genuine LOL

I’ll your wanted ad on FB over the weekend, have a few people on there going to the world cup.

Best of luck.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Is it still a grand for finding him?

Dair
    Free Member

I can’t comment on the terms of the reward.

winston_dog
    Free Member

Any news on little Davey?

Hope he’s okay.

Dair
    Free Member

**BREAKING NEWS**

DAVEY HAS BEEN FOUND!!!!!!

He was caught this afternoon by Alastair from Camus House. I think Alastair is a bit of a reluctant hero, but from early accounts of the catch, he sounds like a real life McGyver!

We have just spoken to the owner and she is already on her way back home to Aberdeen, with Davey sitting happily on her lap. Needless to say, she is over the moon. She is genuinely touched by the number of well wishers, and I want to extend her thanks to the good people of this forum who have supported the search for Davey.

Davey (a.k.a. Tenacious D), the tough wee terrier that he is, appears to be in good health. A wee bit skinny, but who couldn’t do with losing a few pounds, eh?

If you want to see the full story of Davey’s final few hours, check out the superb Dog Lost website.

‘MON, TENACIOUS D!!!!!!

AlasdairMc

Amazing news, glad to hear there was a happy ending!!

Kunstler

😀

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Fantasic news 🙂

winston_dog
    Free Member

Brilliant news.

Terriers are tough little fookers!

sunnrider
    Free Member

aah, gotta love happy endings 🙂

bruk

Great news. Terriers are tough little monsters.

Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Missing on the West Highland Way: Davey the dog’ is closed to new replies.