Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Missing mail, who's responsibility is it?
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

This is a bit pre-empted as it’s just over a week since I posted the item but I just wanted to see who’s responsible for chasing it up before I start. I accidently ordered two phones from giffgaff the other week so returned the extra one last Tuesday. In the past office the guy behind the counter said it wasn’t worth insuring it, which I’m now wishing I’d just done anyway but I got proof of postage. I’m just wondering if as the return postage was covered by giffgaff, it is there responsibility as long as I can prove postage. Or is Royal Mail responsible as again I can prove I have it to them. It doesn’t seem right I should lose out in the case. The reason I ordered two was because I decided to use a different payment and I didn’t think the first order was completed and even though I knew within minutes that two were ordered there was no way of cancelling the order.

wwaswas

return postage was covered by giffgaff, it is there responsibility as long as I can prove postage

this would be my view.

plyphon
    Free Member

Whoever pays for the postage is responsible.

And by pays for the postage, I mean physically pays the postage company.

So on Ebay, even though the buyer pays YOU the postage, you still pay the courier so therefore the contract is with you and it’s your responsibility.

If it was one of those prepaid thingies you print off and stick on, as long as you have the proof of postage you’re good.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Missing mail, who's responsibility is it?’ is closed to new replies.