Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Missing files on Micro SD card
  • Weasel
    Free Member

So..I have a Samsung Mini S5 and lost a load of pictures last year as I think they were just saved to the camera and vanished. I’ve now changed the setting so I can transfer then to the SD card ( i couldn’t work out how to save them directly to the SD card after being taken).

The picture file on the SD card has now vanished, however other files on the SD card are present. I can’t see the pictures file via the phone or when I sync it to the PC.

There seem to be lots of searching software packages available – and some sort of payment option to upgrade etc which all seem a bit dubious.. so is there is a simple way of searching/recovering this file?

I would add that I have copied the majority of these missing pictures to my laptop external HDD when I synced it a few weeks ago.

Thank you.

beanum

I’ve used this in the past to get photos back from SD cards. They do professional and expensive data recovery but this program is free…

Zero Assumption Recovery

CountZero

There seem to be lots of searching software packages available – and some sort of payment option to upgrade etc which all seem a bit dubious.. so is there is a simple way of searching/recovering this file?

If the payment option involves some flavour of cloud storage, then go for it, as it gives proper backup away from the device. TBH, I have reservations about relying on removable storage on phones, I’ve had issues with flash memory cards before, and the ones I use in my camera get used once, once full they’re retired and kept as a last resort backup, I don’t even take them out to copy the photos onto my pad, I copy via wifi.
    Good luck with the recovery ‘ware, I hope you get your photos back.

Cougar

Recuva.

fooman

ZAR + 1 it’s the real deal, many others are scams or worse than chkdsk

Weasel
    Free Member

Perfect, thank you ZAR found the missing file/pictures !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Missing files on Micro SD card’ is closed to new replies.