Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 169 total)
  • Missiles on the roof approved
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-18778723

I hope the residents scatter used needles, dog mess and all manner of unpleasentness around on the roof to make the troops feel welcome.

mcboo
    Free Member

Really? Why do you hate the army so much?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yeah, cos it’s all the foot soldiers’ fault 🙄

binners

Why. Its not their fault. I can’t imagine they’re relishing the prospect of spending a couple of weeks camped on a Saaaaarf Laaaaaaaaandan tower block. In fact I could see a few transfer requests going in for Helmand 😀

mcboo
    Free Member

Where do I apply to have one of these stuck on top of my house?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I can understand the residents point of view, but this..

I hope the residents scatter used needles, dog mess and all manner of unpleasentness around on the roof to make the troops feel welcome.

Makes you look a pillock, shame you returned to the forum really.

binners

Its all the paranoid politicians fault. The residents should have said “fair do’s. Well have the missiles on our roof, if you have a few tanks and an Ammo dump, or maybe a filed hospital in your sprawling, leafy Chipping Norton Garden. You may need your moat cleaning afterwards”

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

You mix with the locals round there then?
    Are you some kind of terrorist sympathiser?

What would you do as far as security was concerned then?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

There was some thing on Radio 4 about it the other day, where basically the government bod really couldn’t justify what they were there for. The presenter was trying to suggest it might be a bad idea to blow some thing up over skys of London, but the army/government bloke said that was preferential to the aircraft reaching its target 😯

Muke
    Free Member

OP did you forget to add one of these 😉

zippykona

I wouldn’t mind as long as I could have a go.

willard

What exactly was their problem with them being there? It’s not like they will be playing loud music or anything.

By rights, they should feel really sorry for the poor sods that will be stuck there 24/7 eating rat packs and getting bored for a month.

D0NK

I thought they’d just stuck missiles on the top of some places, no consultation.

That’s pretty vindictive ohno, as they ^ said the guys fitting the things weren’t responsible for where they were placed.

What exactly was their problem with them being there?

I’d be pretty pissed off if MOD decided to stick missiles on my roof, wouldn’t you?

besides with top class airport security like ours I’m sure there’s no need for SAMs 😯

legend
    Free Member

http://www.thalesgroup.com don’t think online ordering is in place yet though 😉

legend
    Free Member

I’d be pretty pissed off if MOD decided to stick missiles on my roof, wouldn’t you?

No. Why should I be?

ohnohesback
    Free Member
    D0NK

so having some serious ordnance on your roof wouldn’t make you the teensiest bit nervous?

let alone the possibility of some trigger happy official shooting a plane that might just have radio trouble out of the sky right above you?

Cougar

If I lived in a suburban detached then probably. If I lived in those Fred West towers in inner city London next to an attractive terrorism target then I’d more likely welcome it.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

so having some serious ordnance on your roof wouldn’t make you the teensiest bit nervous?

Nope. Not at all..

Why should it?

And as for the OP??

What a complete bellend… 🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Trolltastic.

mcboo
    Free Member

Another keyboard warrior….maybe pop over there and give them your thoughts face to face.

legend
    Free Member

No. Unless they broke my skylight, then I’d be well pissed off

verticalclimber
    Free Member

soon be moaning if a 747 crashed into their block (very unlikely i Know) or maybe they wouldn’t be moaning as they would be toast

ohnohesback
    Free Member

If it wern’t for the olympics then you can imagine how any application to store explosive ordinance on the roof of tower block would be recieved, not to mention the H&S regulations that would be invoked.

binners

You have a skylight? Oooooooooooooh how the other half live 😀

mogrim

For the true Keyboard Warrior:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcDQRnibUNw[/video]

scuttler

Comedy dude in the radio was complaining that if used, the missiles on the roof would cause chaos in a five mile radius in which case comedy dude you’re in the safest place with the missiles on your head.

Cougar

Re: the link above,

I’ve little sympathy for complaints about the amount of security, when the alternative could later come to be referred to as “The London 2012 Tragedy.” But.

All other things aside, it’s bang out of order that they’re terminating tenancy agreements for people who voice concerns (if indeed that’s an unbiased account of what’s happened).

binners

You do realise the whole Olympic/Terrorist/shooting down planes thing is just a cover for the Mets new riot precautions, don’t you?

Check the guidance system on those missiles and they’re locked onto JD Sports and Curry’s on Tottenham High Street 😆

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Welcome to London 2012…

It is, after all, just a glorified Egg and Spoon race.

legend
    Free Member

You have a skylight? Oooooooooooooh how the other half live

Sometimes I have the butler open it for me.

If it wern’t for the olympics then you can imagine how any application to store explosive ordinance on the roof of tower block would be recieved, not to mention the H&S regulations that would be invoked.

The Olympics are kinda integral to this discussion

D0NK

If I lived in those Fred West towers in inner city London next to an attractive terrorism target then I’d more likely welcome it

you may have a point there but the tenants* who do actually live there seem to disagree.

Those who state it wouldn’t bother them I don’t believe you

*some? most? all? dunno

surfer
    Free Member

It is, after all, just a glorified Egg and Spoon race.

Have you missed out on selection or something?

joao3v16
    Free Member

I wouldn’t mind an army missile placement on my roof – thay could make themselves useful by re-setting the ridge tiles & re-pointing the chimney stack while they were up there … and there’s probably a few tiles that need replacing … and the old TV aerial can come down … gutters need clearing …

nealglover
    Free Member

…..the government bod really couldn’t justify what they were there for.

Ok.

The presenter was trying to suggest it might be a bad idea to blow some thing up over skys of London, but the army/government bloke said that was preferential to the aircraft reaching its target

Ah.

So he could justify why they were there then.

crush83
    Free Member

I hope people realise that these are a last line of defence there are ” other ” things further away to keep any potential air thret away long before it gets anywhre near london.

Also have people forgotten there IS a WAR going on. Just because alot of people dont care about it because they Think it is overseas and not going to impact their daily life are frankly misled.

1) this is a global war.
    2) not all terroists / extreemists are afgan/iraqi
    3) people should be thankful there is some defence and realise that ideal situations can not always be met.

i am gonna shut up now before i say something i shouldnt 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

neal I think your first quote related to justifying the location itself.

binners

Also have people forgotten there IS a WAR going on.

Oh dear. Have we been reading Alastair Campbells dosiers?

crush83
    Free Member

nope, i am a millitary person so have daily exposure to these issues

legend
    Free Member

Those who state it wouldn’t bother them I don’t believe you

Indeed, because if you’re upset about something then everyone else in the world must be too.

Admittedly I’d rather have a land based Phalanx installation on my roof. Great for taking out neds

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 169 total)

The topic ‘Missiles on the roof approved’ is closed to new replies.