• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by goon.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Miss Banana about that watch.
  • oldfart

Yes you are right it is liberating .Hate the things but not as much as mobile phones!!!! Guess the only time (sigh ) i need one is for work .Being a postie sometimes the good citizens aren’t home to receive packages so a form has to be filled out requiring the time to be put on it.(Awaits abuse about posties and knocking on doors!)

coffeeking
    Free Member

posties dont knock on doors do they? IME they fill out the form in the car so they dont have to carry the parcel and you’re forced to go to the depot 😉

johni
    Free Member

Our postie parks outside our house. Tries to deliver to us first, if we aren’t in he comes back at the end of the round too. Has been known to bring it the day after too.

Our 11month old son thinks he is hilarious too

oldfart

In the car ? Not for me ta .Use MY petrol to deliver letters ? I don’t think so !

emac65
    Free Member

Our posties a great,he knows there’s rarely anyone in to sign for a parcel, so when we get one he delivers it to my mom’s house instead.Top bloke !

AndyP
    Free Member

posties dont knock on doors do they? IME they fill out the form in the car so they dont have to carry the parcel and you’re forced to go to the depot
    At least he fills in the form. We usually have to go to the Post Office when we’re expecting a parcel and ask if there’s anything for us.

he knows there’s rarely anyone in to sign for a parcel, so when we get one he delivers it to my mom’s house instead.
    crikey – that is impressive. Does the Royal Mail pay for the transatlantic flight or does that come out of his own pocket? 😉

rOcKeTdOg

he knows there’s rarely anyone in to sign for a parcel, so when we get one he delivers it to my mom’s house instead.
    crikey – that is impressive

and probably illegal

goon
    Free Member

Puppies and teenage girls fill out

Forms are filled in

Yes, a bit grumpy this morning….

david_r
    Free Member

We live in a tiny little village. Our postie (who also lives in the village) hangs on to any parcels if we’re not in, and then drops them round later in the evening. Superb.

matt_outandabout

Our postie is great – knows everyone as he lives local. Again, odd packages for us and either neighbour he leaves with whoever is in.

Trimix
    Free Member

So what we are experienceing is a good level of service when the there is a close customer / supplier relaitonship – one that only exists in small environments that allow trust and responsibility to grow. Where the supplier is happy to bend the rules with the safety of common sence.

This would not happen in a big city with high postie turnover and unfriendly neibourhoods. Or a big corporate rule book harshly enforced.

AndyP
    Free Member

So what we are experienceing is a good level of service when the there is a close customer / supplier relaitonship – one that only exists in small environments that allow trust and responsibility to grow.

Either that, or some people give a sh1t about their jobs more than others. We’re in a small environment where everyone knows each other and helps each other out. But the grumpy fecker we have as a postman seems to be the exception to this village community feel. The PO themselves are fab, btw.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Oldfart, so you need a standard issue Royal Mail watch! Part of the uniform cos you need one to do your job etc. So you see I’m still saving you money, but only so’s you can buy me an ice cream in the Purbecks.

Sandwich

Goon you missed one, pedants on this forum tend to get filled in as well! 😀

goon
    Free Member

😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Miss Banana about that watch.’ is closed to new replies.