Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • misled by vodafone… what can i do?
  • renton
    Free Member

in november i took out a new contract with vodafone for a new phone.

i got offered 300mins, unlimited texts and 500mb internet for £20 per month with a £5 discount per month so it became £15.

however i noticed ive only been getting 250mb internet so i phoned up to query it and they said tough, live with it or pay an extra £5 a month to get the extra internet usage.

however i was not happy with this so i contacted them again by live chat on christmas day and spoke to someone a bit more helpful who changed it to what i was offered.

here is a copy of what he said to me……….

Sumeeti: thank you for your patience…
    Sumeeti: I’ve checked your price plan to Your Price Plan with 300 minutes + unlimited texts + Vodafone mobile Internet (500MB) + Vodafone Passport @ monthly line rental £20 and added the discount of £5 on the line rental so that you’re only charged £15 per month for it..
    Sumeeti: you can take this chat conversation as confirmation

however since this im still getting charged 17.02 a month plus vat which takes it up to over 20 quid.

ive contacted them various times via email on there site but seem to be getting nowhere??

what are my options as im starting to lose my rag over it now.!!
    cheers

steve

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Use the chat function again, or ring them? Email is easily ignored.

renton
    Free Member

chatting as we speak, why cant i chat to some one in this country

djglover
    Free Member

That extra 250mb can easily disappear on a 12 hour ****athon

Stoner
    Free Member

17.02 + VAT at 17.5% is £20.

With the VAT rise you still pay the same for the service, but you now pay more VAT. I assume they havent promised to cover the increase in VAT since Jan, so theyve done nothing wrong.

Olly
    Free Member

its in the contract, and until youve BOTH signed another contract, the original contract still stands.

small claims their punk asses!!

i just signed up with 3 on a similar “5 quid off” deal so will be keeping an eye on that.

renton
    Free Member

stoner since when has £20 been £15?

Stoner
    Free Member

misread RE the £5 off. my apologies.

Bear in mind the VAT rise though when they do make the adjustments. The contract would have been set at 17.5% rate.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘misled by vodafone… what can i do?’ is closed to new replies.