• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • misleading headline…..Anti-Nazi resistance leader Freya von Moltke dies in Ver
  • Raindog
    Free Member

why is the headline misleading ?

Jamie
    Free Member

Alpin, you might want to explain your point rather than just posting a link.

scaredypants

I assume he means she wasn't resisting the anti-nazis – you know, like the french resistance weren't resisting the french

alpin
    Free Member

Nazi resistance leader.

or

Anti-Nazi resistance leader.

the first, would to me, indicate someone who resisted the Nazis. the latter, someone who resisted the people who were against the Nazis.

woody2000

But the french resistance didn't resist the french, did they?

skiboy
    Free Member

er woody i think you will find they did,

vichy…

woody2000

Ok, but they were mainly resisting the nazis, and as a result their cheese eating surrender monkey govt. 🙂

RustySpanner

Went to the resistance museum in Amsterdam last year:

Was walking into the Gents as my mate was walking out.
    As I passed him he turned round and said "Don't go in there, it's occupied". 🙂

Guess you had to be there………..

uplink
    Free Member

The headline doesn't seem misleading to me either

MrNutt
    Free Member

she's not dead?

firestarter
    Free Member

rusty a few years ago i was having a meal in a place in brussels and the dumbwaiter came down and the label on the front was the makers it said schindlers lifts i almost chocked lol the people i was with didnt seem to see the funny side 😉

hora
    Free Member

Slightly OT- I rewatched Stalingrad last night. Gawd I still feel cold now.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘misleading headline…..Anti-Nazi resistance leader Freya von Moltke dies in Ver’ is closed to new replies.