Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • MISLEADING ADVERT: £115.00 – 2200Lumin lights over there >
  • adi66
    Free Member

Theres a advert over to the right that advertises “Faster by design” lights: 2200lmn £115.00 with free delivery….

http://ad.singletrackworld.com/openx/www/images/a50c75f516a90d8014a0980b5e54514a.jpg

I’d like to buy some of them (2200lmn @ £115.00 with free delivery) as stated in the advert, however when I click the link there is no mention of the 2200 lmn lights, and the cheapest ones the “glowworms” are £130.00 and only 1300 lmn.

Is the ad misleading ?

Shouldn’t I be able to order what’s being advertised for the price its being advertised ?

Is the advert placed by a active forum member on here ?

donsimon
    Free Member

Is it these?

adi66
    Free Member

don simon.

The link doesn’t work..

donsimon
    Free Member
    adi66
    Free Member

Got it to work – thank you google.

That looks like them, but the link (in the advert on the forum) takes you to a website thats under the “CGR” banner although both website have a very similar look and feel to em..

http://www.crgmoto.co.uk/mountain-bike-lights-26-c.asp

I wonder if the 2200 lumin lights listed on the FBD website are the SAME as the 1300Lumin ones listed on the GRG / glowworm site ?

adi66
    Free Member

I wonder if the 2200 lumin lights listed on the FBD website are the SAME as the 1300Lumin ones listed on the GRG / glowworm site ?

EDIT: closer inspection of the case, and they look different.

Cougar

See if they also sell coaster brakes?

donsimon
    Free Member

Get in touch with STW admin about this as CRG and FBD have the same postal address. It’s clearly a mistake rather than misleading. Once corrected they can delete this thread too. 😉

adi66
    Free Member

See if they also sell coaster brakes?

Explain please.

Cougar

I was just thinking, you might need to do some backpedalling soon. (-:

M6TTF
    Free Member

The CRG site and faster by design are both run by Danny “NENinja” on here – he sells across both sites. Just bought a gloworm light from him. They’re definitely not the same as the 2200 inton light

Edit: really pleased with my gloworm too!

adi66
    Free Member

Cheers M6TTF

That’s the sort of info I was after.. I’ll pm Danny to see what the differences are. Just wanted to check it out as it seemed a bit fishy to me.

Now it’s been explained, it all seems ok.

Cheers

neninja
    Free Member

It wasn’t intended to be misleading. I’d actually forgotten about the direct link here when I took the Inton lights off sale this morning as they’d sold out and I won’t be restocking them until the Autumn.

In terms of lumen comparison both lights use the same 2x Cree XM-L U2 emitters it’s just Inton quote a theoretical lumen output and Gloworm quote a real output. In reality both have similar outputs – the Inton has more throw with it’s large reflectors and the Gloworm has a larger hot spot.

They’re not the same light and no confusion was intended. The Gloworm is a more compact light head – it’s 1/3 weight of the Inton. The Gloworm is a more premium light to compare with the likes of Hope, Exposure and is only on promotion at £130 for another 24 hours. It will then increase in price to £150.

I’m focussing on the Gloworm X2 LED light during the Summer as it’s better suited to 12/24hr racing. I’m working on a new gif so that the STW link advertises the correct light. In the meantime I’ll relist the Inton with an explanatory note.

adi66
    Free Member

Cheers neninja,

Silly question I know but given the choice what lights would you say are “best” ? Is the inton as small and light as the glowworn ?

Are the glowworn lights the ones that you where asking people to test on here the other day? Or is there a “secret” brighter light that your gonna start selling?

BTW the point of the post wasn’t to start a slagging of your business, I was just a bit confused as to who was selling what..

Cheers

Adi

neninja
    Free Member

I guess it’s down to what light is ‘best’ for what you want to use it for.

The Inton light is a pretty big light and it’s really only suitable for bar mounting as it’s quite heavy but it throws out a huge distance with it’s large twin reflectors and has amazing heat management due to it’s size and weight.

The Gloworm is a much smaller and is perfect for use on a helmet or bars as the light head only weighs 80g and is little bigger than a matchbox. The Gloworm doesn’t use reflectors but uses optics so has a larger hotspot at the expense of some throw compared to the Inton. It’s optics can also be interchanged between Spot and Flood to suit what sort of light output you desire.

The Gloworm is a more sophisticated package and probably more flexible as you can mount it on a helmet, bars or head strap harness plus it has 4 different operating programmes to suit what it’s being used for – Commuter, Trail, Adventure, Bush modes. Compared to the Inton it also has a longer warranty, uses better quality Panasonic cells in the battery pack and is IP66 rated for waterproofing (being tested for IP67).

The Gloworm is the one I had some people test on here including Mrsmugsy who won her 24hr race with one.

There is not currently a new ‘secret’ brighter light around the corner.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘MISLEADING ADVERT: £115.00 – 2200Lumin lights over there >’ is closed to new replies.