Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Misery loves company – anyone else injured?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

It’s not been a great 2012 so far. It all started well – feeling quite fit and getting into road riding.

Then a couple of days into the year I got a virus which put me out of action for the best part of two weeks. Had to cancel trip to Peaks.

Just starting to feel better again so went out for a pootle on the MTB with a mate on Monday afternoon, went over the bars when hidden hole swallowed wheel and sprained thumb pretty bad. Bloody painful.

Nurse at minor injury unit said it’ll be better in a week. Five days later it’s still almost as painful as when I did it and there’s no way I can go ahead with rescheduled MTB ride in Peak District on Monday. Internet says it’ll actually be THREE WEEKS to heal.

At least I can still ride on the road if I’m careful, but not a happy bunny.

stumpyjon

Not so much injured but missing lots of riding opportunities, i.e. seem to busy when the weathers good and have free time when it’s bad (and it has been bad, not just wet but really windy). Also got a cold again…at least the nights are drawing out, always makes life feel better.

showerman
    Free Member

can we play top trumps
    was told i had throat cancer last tuesday having surgery this monday which will stop the pain then radio therapy or chemo 😯
    so far not got me down yet just been out for my last ride today felt good to get out and spin the legs.

project
    Free Member

Best wishes Showerman. 🙂

v666ern
    Free Member

top trumps showerman…but i have a scratch on my ankle from football today!

if it helps a mate has had throat cancer and they snipped his vocal chords by mistake…he’s got the huskiest sexy voice ever now though! 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

can we play top trumps

We can, but you’ve set the bar a bit high!

Good luck on Monday. 🙂

at least the nights are drawing out, always makes life feel better.

Yeah, that’s nice to see. Bit more scope for skivey afternoon rides.

flip
    Free Member

Get well soon 😉

thegreatpotato
    Free Member

Had surgery up my bum three weeks ago. At the moment it’s still painful to sit on a doughnut-shaped cushion never mind a saddle.

Showerman – keep fighting.

kaesae
    Free Member

All the best showerman 😀

defydude
    Free Member

SicklyTrackWorld?

p.s Good luck showerman

barn
    Free Member

Strength and honour team.

TPMA
    totally positive mental attitude.

showerman
    Free Member

thx for your kind wishes
    v666ern
    my voice cannot get any deeper but cutting the vocalcords could up the anti and cause a problem if i go for a sex change later 😆
    barn
    totaly believe in t.p.m.a just want the squatters out little worried about the therapy..off to harefield hopital am told i cannot be in a better place in and out in a day 😯
    2 trips to the alps are keeping me focused
    thegreatpatato
    i do not have an ans for that thought the camera they pushed up my nose and down my thoat was bad enough think you trumped me ther

I_Ache
    Free Member

Feel a bit lame posting this now but in the spirit of the OP and the fact that showerman isn’t actually injured 😉

I clipped a tree a week before Christmas and damaged my hand so couldn’t ride for a couple of weeks, it still hurts but it is manageable. I went skiing last week and on the first day went over on my ankle and really hurt that, my had has also started hurting a bit more again and odznak bairly walk god knows if I can ride. I get my forks back from repair on Monday so hopefully I will be able to pop puggle a quick ride but who knows.

BTW get well soon showerman.

alpin
    Free Member

woooo.. showerman FTW good luck fella.

my wrists are currently fudged due to tendonitis. not that it matters much in terms of biking as the alps are currently under 2m of snow. it does however mean that i can’t/shouldn’t work. i might go boarding next week after some heavy snowfall and hope that i don’t stack it and damage my wrists further….

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Harefield has a very good rep.
    Mate was diagnosed with a very aggressive cancer + given 6 months. 18 months later + 8 months off chemo, he was up Cadair Idris earlier this week proving the Dr’s wrong on a daily basis. Hope the op goes well.

Ligament injury + cartilage tear means no riding for me just now. On the plus side it also means no DIY.

ton

i have not ridden a mountainbike properly since october 2010.
    my ticker is still fubar………….and the waiting to get it sorted is just about sending me over the edge.

mrplow
    Free Member

My aunt is currently fighting a throat cancer. She has had an op and currently getting intense radiotherapy with 3 lots of chemo over 2 months. Her positive attitude has amazed the whole family and she is still making it out to the shops etc between daily hospital visits.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

I just half sliced my fingernail off with a stanley knife! I’m still slightly confused at why it doesn’t hurt more, and bleed more. I’m sure it will the next time I go climbing though.. I foresee spurting..

Good luck Showerman!

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

All the best showerman,

broke my scaphoid at the Brighton Big Dog 2011 in August, finally got a bone graft and herbert screw in December, probably March before I can ride again.

beckykirk43
    Free Member

Good luck showerman – hope all goes well for you. And healing vibes to everyone else too!

Having decided I’d recovered/could put up with the pain enough to do a little bit of riding (did 3×10 miles on the road bike), definitely felt worth the increased soreness given it was July that I crashed! I then finally got my physio appointment after weeks of waiting.

She told me off for riding, says it’s definitely not helped and banned me until my hand points in the right direction. 2 weeks and nothing’s changed so I fear it may be a while. The weather’s taunting me with its cold sunniness again!

chakaping
    Free Member

The weather’s taunting me with its cold sunniness again!

I know what you mean, trails would be lovely and hard this morning.

At least I can ride on the road though, so it’d be churlish of me to complain when so many of you are much more broken than I am.

alexxx
    Free Member

I was going to moan about a dislocated shoulder for the 10th time but seems a bit petty now – hope it all goes well showerman and the other guys with sore tickers and bums 🙁

showerman
    Free Member

if you have pain big or small its your pain and if it helps talking about it then do.
    for me 3pm today am off to the hopital.back home tomorrow

Northwind

Nothing serious compared with other things here, but bashed my ribs up on my commute on thursday, supposed to be racing today at innerleithen but could barely get out of bed. It’s literally 2 weeks since the last round of broken ribs stopped hurting so they’d bloomin better not be gone again 🙁

On the plus side, the big bruise on my left hip is providing perfect balance to the constant mild pain from the broken right hip, which means for the first time in 7 years I’m not fighting a desire to walk with a limp :mrgreen: Medicinal bruising.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Misery loves company – anyone else injured?’ is closed to new replies.