Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Miserable Roadies
  • dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Yesterday on my commute home I passed six Roadies, to each and every one I offered a cheery hello and not one, not a single one, managed to uphold my stereotype and simply glower or ignore me.

Five coming the opposite way (four in local club regalia and one in civvies) managed at the least a nod and a hello or to combine that with an observation of the favourable weather.

Even the chap dressed as Peter Sagan who was struggling up the hill into town (so very possibly at the end of an arduous ride) managed to raise all his fingers from the handle bar in greeting as I passed him. (Admittedly given his attire and where abouts he may have been a pro practicing for the tour of Yorkshire and this may have been the accepted signal for pass me and I’ll draft you, given his apparent tiredness I’d guess not)

Frankly I find it shocking that every single roadie I passed were so miserable as to deliberately pretend to be cheery so as to fail to uphold my stereotyping just to deny me the satisfaction.

sandwicheater

And yet every rider i passed yesterday, young or old, road or mtb gave a cheery wave.

True story.

legend
    Free Member

Were you on a fatbike?

dazh

It’s been a while…. 😀

Ladders
    Free Member

None of the mountain bikers I ride past, off road or on road ever say hello back either! 🙂

weeksy

for me I’d guess 90% ignore me… bemusing.

wwaswas

You need to wait for the warm weather to bring out the cool blokes who ride a couple of times a month ‘but only if it’s dry’ – they’ll cut you dead without a thought and then we can go back to the traditional ‘they all ignore’ me threads.

perchypanther
    Free Member

When I pass roadies, i generally give them a cheeky but playful slap on the arse with the nearside door mirror of the car.
    That cheers them up no end. 😀

ransos
    Free Member

Frankly I find it shocking that every single roadie I passed were so miserable as to deliberately pretend to be cheery so as to fail to uphold my stereotyping just to deny me the satisfaction.

Can someone translate?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

legend – Member
    Were you on a fatbike?

No, I’m too shy to be a roadie. [edit] not even sure how that ended up saying roadie rather than fattie, I’d blame autotext but it’s more likely to be Freudian[/edit]

terrahawk
    Free Member

God, not this shit again.

I often find it’s the opposite of ‘miserable roadies’ – mountain bikers tend to be the ignorant sods in my experience, especially when I’m on my road bike.

terrahawk
    Free Member

When I pass roadies, i generally give them a cheeky but playful slap on the arse with the nearside door mirror of the car.
    That cheers them up no end

tool of the week.

mudshark
    Free Member

I think he’s saying they were all lovely?!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Can someone translate?

sorry that’s just what Google came back with when I put in transmisji ko?czy

perchypanther
    Free Member

tool of the week.

It’s a bit early to call it. It’s only Wednesday.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Cos they were speed legends in their own living room, but you’ve just shattered that illusion? 😈

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

I drove to work this morning and waved at every single motorist coming the other way. Only one of the b*****ds waved back, but then gave me a scowl when he realised that he didn’t even know me.

What a bunch of ignorant bellends! I feel almost aggrieved enough to write about it on a forum!

Sandwich

That time already?

stevehine

Has anyone actually read the first post ?

Jeez; sense of humour failure en-mass here !

😀

stumpy01

terrahawk – Member

God, not this shit again.

I often find it’s the opposite of ‘miserable roadies’ – mountain bikers tend to be the ignorant sods in my experience, especially when I’m on my road bike.

Did you actually read the post?
    If you did, you’ll probably find that it was sarcasm (or some other subtle type of humour) and the OP was actually saying that none of them upheld the stereotype of being miserable & they all responded to his greeting in someway or another.

From the OP

and not one, not a single one, managed to uphold my stereotype and simply glower or ignore me.

That’s the way I took it anyway….

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

mudshark – Member
    I think he’s saying they were all lovely?!

Yes he is. Though I think if I’d just written “they were all very nice” instead there is a chance a few more may have read the post beyond the thread title, which would in turn have rather diminished my lunch time amusement.

Sorry, I should know better than to poke the forum with sticks. On the upside I resisted the temptation to title the thread “miserable Roadies,why doesn’t the law make them all wear helmets”

mrblobby
    Free Member

I see what he’s done there.

Anyway yes, all cyclists whatever they were riding were very cheery here too on my ride yesterday.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Has anyone actually read the first post ?

Jeez; sense of humour failure en-mass here !

😆 I was wondering how long the thread would go before someone actually read the first post.

dazh

TBH I didn’t read it, but that’s because it’s such a regular bloody subject on here you know it’s going to be a waste of time. At least the OP didn’t use the words ‘dark side’. 🙂

zippykona

In January I was out on my fat bike. I saw one mtb who ignored me and a roadie who waved.
    I wave at everyone as my memory is so crap that I might actually know them.

sparksmcguff

Feeling a bit spartacussy… I’m a miserable roadie

Edit – though I usually say hello, i’m still a miserable roadie

Gary_M
    Free Member

God there are some dimwits on here today, either that or lots of people spoiling for a fight 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

God there are some dimwits on here today

Today? Are you new here? 😀

jimdubleyou

either that or lots of people spoiling for a fight

You lookin at my bird?

perchypanther
    Free Member

You lookin at my bird?

Yep. She spilt my pint.

scaredypants

I’m going out on the road bike in a bit – can’t decide what to do, abuse, ignore or greet oncoming riders.
    Or maybe all 3 in rotation ?

I suppose I could chase down* a few and shout “hiyaaaah” as I slap them on the arse

(*actually, I think there may be a flaw in this plan)

terrahawk – I prescribe a nice cup of chamomile tea

mrsfry
    Free Member

Well what do you expect? They see you, a fine figure of a man pootle past them
    One hand holding a pint and the other hand rolling a fag, and there going flat out trying
    To get a KOM!

If you insist on not being part of the herd well that’s what you get.

PS
    Next time we squirt you Grrrr

Davesport

I love roadies. Miserable bastrats or not 😀 They’re not clogging up the local trails #Winner

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

How do you react to real problems? I say problems and not issues because frankly I can be quite frank. But don’t call me Frank, because it’s not my name.

antigee

dazh – Member
    It’s been a while….

are you sure?

[sticky]Miserable Roadies[/sticky]

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

But don’t call me Frank

That’s a shame, I was rather looking forward to being Jane.

fasthaggis

Hiya

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Miserable Roadies’ is closed to new replies.