Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Miserable-itis virus hits the Chilterns
  • TheGingerOne

Can I be boring and ask people not to ride down the footpath section of Grims Ditch? I live in Wallingford and get the backlash from the ramblers who tar everyone with the same brush when they have encountered someone riding up there. Given that it is the Ridgeway, it does get a lot of walkers on it.
    I rode it when I was a kid all the time, but have not ridden it for over 10 years now and don’t even think about riding it. There is plenty of great singletrack bridleway that can be ridden nearby. It would be nice if my attempt to give bikers a good name wasn’t undone by others 🙂

Cheers

BluePalomino
    Free Member

Do i feel a forum outing to the Chilterns (around henley/wallingford) is on order? seems like enough here to make it worth organising? Or further west from Goring?

cinnamon_girl

TheGingerOne – OK, fair enough.

Blue – yes, a STW Forum Chilterns Ride is a great idea! Could always ride the one from the mag that I mentioned in this thread? There’s bound to be others that have done it which would relieve me of guiding (too slow for you guys). Am obviously happy to sweep or lead a slackers group.

If it was on a Saturday then ride would need to start from hilltop car park in Watlington, on a Sunday the village centre one should be OK, with the pub across the road 😀

Would have to be June for me though.

Anyone else interested?

nickc

Yep, happy to. I’m always there (seems like) anyhow.

DeanoT absolutely. been far too long. Time and place, I’ll be there

r6ymy
    Free Member

Had been thinking about a STW Chilterns ride for a while, and have been planning routes. Happy to help with the guiding.

Can I suggest starting a new thread, the title of this one is not likely to entice many people along!

cinnamon_girl

Er, BluePalomino suggested it 😀

Am already organising a New Forest ride on 17th May.

cinnamon_girl

r6ymy – do you know the mag route by any chance?

nickc

There are loads better routes than the one in the mag…

ononeorange

I’d be up for it but please can it be the latter half of June? (Demanding already!).

r6ymy
    Free Member

I do know the mag route but as nickc there are many better options

cinnamon_girl

OK, thanks chaps. Where would you suggest starting from? As I mentioned, am happy to look after a slackers group but would need to know the route in advance so as to do a recce.

How about either weekend of 20th/21st or 27th/28th June?

Andy

I’d be up for a Chilterns jaunt on 20/21st June!

r6ymy
    Free Member

21st is Summer Solstice! Perhaps we should have some kind of ritual ceremony!
    Sunday suits me better, as you said the car park in Watlington is good on a Sunday, and there’s options for shorter or longer rides from there. I’ve got a couple mapped on Quo, can export as a .gpx file if that helps.

cinnamon_girl

The 21st is also Father’s Day, just in case this affects any of you.

OK – can BluePalomino, nickc, r6ymy all make the 21st?

watly_biker
    Free Member

Hi there – would like to join if possible – 21st or 27th ok for me – as the name suggests I live in Watlington – happy to guide /help Cinnamon girl with slower group/girly group too.
    If I can’t make it I may be able to help with routes as I ride from Watlington 2 – 3 times a week.

nickc

Aye, either day good for me. Don’t worry about slower groups, we’ll just take it easy, and have a picnic or something. It’s a social after all.

cinnamon_girl

Please see new thread 😀

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Miserable-itis virus hits the Chilterns’ is closed to new replies.