Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Miserable buggers
  • duntmatter
    Free Member

Kick the babies! 😈

oldgit
    Free Member

My mum has destroyed the whole eating out experience for us.
    Basically my mother insisted on doing as the Italians do i.e all four year olds sit down and eat four courses, eat everything and never turn their noses up at anything at all, always dress up for dinner and never say a word.
    Unfortuneatly is stuck in some kind of black & white 1960’s Dirk Bogarde movie.
    It all ended in a restaurant in the Isle of Wight, when I had had enough and left the place with my familly, and the last thing I heard my mum saying was telling the waiter to **** off, nice huh.
    My sister who is very close to my mum, went along with this whole European thing, making a huge deal of eating out and now her kids on a controlled diet.
    TBH I find a lot of places that welcome kids are nice enough, but never as good as home.

MrsToast
    Free Member

My parents always took a dim view of kids making a lot of noise in restaurants, and an even dimmer view of kids out of their seats. We went to restaurants as kids, but knew that we had to behave ourselves, sit quietly (but not silently) and eat nicely.

My dad was very big on manners and etiquette, even now I cringe if I have soup at work because there are no soup spoons…

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Miserable buggers’ is closed to new replies.