Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Misco gone bust – any IT types on here?
  • daern
    Free Member
    retro83
    Free Member

Oooh, that’ll cause some ripples.

daern
    Free Member

Indeed. At the moment, we reckon that we owe them more money than they owe us un-shipped kit 😉

retro83
    Free Member

I saw some mumblings that they might be in trouble yesterday, I guess as soon as that becomes public knowledge nobody’s placing any more orders with you basically guaranteeing your demise.

deker
    Free Member

They seem to have been around forever but I can never actually remember a time that they were cheaper than anyone else for the same product so never ordered form them, I’m surprised they lasted as long as they did

enfht
    Free Member

Oh, that explains a lot.

aracer
    Free Member

I can’t say I’m at all surprised. I have ordered stuff through them for work stuff in the past, but even several years ago the only reason to use them seemed to be inertia – they weren’t ever competitive on price in a market where that was quite important, and they’d lost the USP of being the only obvious supplier for some things.

P-Jay
    Free Member

They’re probably the only major distributor we never use, they were never that good.

FuzzyWuzzy

Shame for the ex-employees 🙁 as for the company we used them on and off years ago (mostly just for the convenience of a printed catalogue at the time, before web-sites listings became reliable) but as others have said weren’t particularly competitive with pricing or speedy with delivery, not crap just average.

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

Had a panic email from our Head IT guy here asking what we had outstanding with them.

Fortunately nothing was answer.

Big one to go pop though!

Mikkel
    Free Member

I liked them when i was living in Greenock, was handy to have access to their huge range and still be able to just go and pickup when you needed.
    If ok with waiting for delivery there were usually cheaper places.

elzorillo
    Free Member

Used them for years.. but not much lately.. they really did seem to make buying from them rather difficult and dedicated sales team never called you back.

tomhoward

– any IT types on here?

Are you new here?

Bit of a kick in the teeth for us, as they were a fairly decent customer for us (distribution) with a decent pipeline. Ho hum, best of luck to the ex employees, though I’ve seen a few leave recently, so it was obviously on the cards.

somouk
    Free Member

I used to use them years ago but found that they weren’t that competitive against probrand or many others so stopped using them. They were a big outfit though so surprised they went bang, would have thought they could manage a way out.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Misco gone bust – any IT types on here?’ is closed to new replies.