Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Misadvertised car (now bought) advice….help!!!!!!!
  • hopefiendboy

Hi All

Hope you all had a good christmas.

I bought a car just before xmas from and Evans Halshaw Vauxhall car dealer in the West of Scotland- a 2004 plate vauxhall astra 1.6i Club with full service history and in good condition. Now, the car was advertised as a 1.6i 16v model, but now as I have discovered it is an 8v model (about£2-300 less on the book price) and on the evans halshaw sales docket it states the latter. In fact the V5c slip I was supplied with states it as a 8v. I maybe foolishly assumed that I shoulkd trust the dealer on the 16v status, but this appears not to be the case. They also said that they would replace the battery in the keyfob, but I have replaced this and it appears the keyfob is broken.

Can anyone please come back to me with advice and rights as to what i can pursue to sort out the above issues?

Yours hopefully!!!!

bruneep

Assuming you have proof it was advertised as a 16V, take it right back.

walla24
    Free Member

well you can
    a) accept you'v been done
    b) knock on his door and discuss the options

I would most definately to b), after all it may well be a mistake so give them a chance to make up.

prettygreenparrot

Go back, have a chat. See what they can do.

Did you go for cash or finance? If finance then there's also a route you have through the finance company since it is their car until you've paid for it.

Sandwich

Trading standards number on mobile phone when you go in. No joy, ring from the dealers.

Merlinman

Do you still want the car?

Most franchised operations offer an exchange option don't they?

Talk first threaten later?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

A good few years ago I was mis-sold a VW Golf Driver, the service history was a very feeble fraud. I went back to the (main) dealer and pointed this out to the manager, threatened him with trading standards and the local paper, the salesman who sold it to me was fired immediately and as compensation they refunded my money on the mis-sold car and sold me a Golf GTI at trade on very very low cost finance. I.E. I got a far better car for less money than the original.

So yes, go and complain.

seizednuts
    Free Member

Go talk to them. I used to work for a vauxhall main dealer and they would take this very seriously. The vehicle should of gone through a sales pre check and again before you picked it up.

The key fob is relativly simple to sort out and wouldnt cost them that much to rectify so I couldnt see that being a problem.

Ive never came across a wrong vehicle being supplied but if their worth their salt they would address the problem very quickly.

Thease places dont like to look stupid, so thats your angle of attack. Also be firm not abusive.
    Hope it helps. 🙂

sq225917
    Free Member

KT, if they did this, then they obviously did it often, no doubt the sales guy was 'hired' back again the sec you were out the door.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

KT, if they did this, then they obviously did it often, no doubt the sales guy was 'hired' back again the sec you were out the door.

Maybe, they lost the franchise a few years later anyhow.

Hadge
    Free Member

Talk to them politely first and present all the facts to show them they have made a mistake. If then you get no joy, tell them you will take action with Trading Standards. I hope they sort it out for you too.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Vehicle was mis described – a possible criminal offence. Speak to these people, who will advise you on the best course of action to take, and will pass the complaint through to Trading Standards to consider for investigation. BTW – keep all paperwork you have, and make notes of any conversations, etc.

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/

Northwind

It does sound like it was most likely an error rather than an attempt to mislead though, so I don't think running to trading standards in the first instance is neccesarily the right thing to do.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Misadvertised car (now bought) advice….help!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.