• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by moneyguardians-spam.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mis sold PPI Claims
  • dux
    Free Member

Has anyone had any experience with these companys that can make a claim on your behalf for mis sold Payment Protection Insurance?

I not long since had a phone call from this guy who says i do have valid claim, told me how it works and that i could get £1800-£2400 (new bike springs to mind at this point) however i would have to pay an accessment fee of £199! Pretty much just hung up on the guy, but its got me thinking of shiny new bikes now.

Is it worth bothering with or forget it?

Cant remember the company name but i have seen Gladstone Brookes advertised on the telly box

nickjb
    Free Member

If you want some easy money I've got a friend in Nigeria with loads of the stuff. Just send him a nomimal 'admin' fee and its yours. 🙂

assessment fee = scam

jahwomble
    Free Member

If they reckon you have a valid claim, why would they need £199 to assess it all over again? surely to know you've a valid claim, they must have already evaluated it. Seems a bit odd to me anyhow.

TJMckeown
    Free Member

Don't bother, just do it yourself.

I did it with a missold PPI on a loan and managed to get back about 2k.
    When I get home tonight I'll put a link onto where you need to go, it takes you step by step through the process you need to go through, even with sample letters to send off.
    Took me 1 letter and a wait of about 2 weeks to get a reponse saying they agreed and a cheque was in the letter!

£199 is a bit of a ripoff really

highclimber
    Free Member

can you not claim independently? cut out the middle man

TJMckeown
    Free Member

Here you go, have a good read, and a little down the page you'll see some sample letter templates. I used these and had success.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

monkey_boy
    Free Member

i was talking to a guy in work the other day, if you go onto moneysaving expert.com there are letters and advice on how to DO IT SOLO.

he did and it took about 2 months, he was sold PPI via sainsburys and he got over £5k back

hurry up though as they are 'apparently' rushing a new law through to stop people getting it back.

(edit – didnt read any of the above 😉

ScottChegg
    Free Member

S'funny, I get texts and phone calls saying I could claim for my recent accident. I don't remeber having an accident so I wonder who falls for speculative desperate fishing like that.

I know now.

Cougar

Treat anyone who cold-calls you with mistrust.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mis sold PPI Claims’ is closed to new replies.