Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • mis-sold payment protection insurance
  • headsup-spam
    Free Member

bought an item last year

agreed that PPI was NOT needed (sales reciept shows that we didnt want it).

monthly payments started this month but £25 higher than planned for.

checked and they are saying it was selected.

obviously will (eventually) get it rectified but want to go hard on the jokers who did this.

any one had any success taking on large companies mis-selling PPI?

cheers

Admiralable
    Free Member

mention the FSA and mis-selling and you’ll get it all back

carlos
    Free Member

Not personaly but the Mrs works collecting PPI Reclaims and seems to be rather good at it. No idea where you’d stand or how you’d go about it being as it’s the first payment though.

http://www.assist-fm.co.uk

Carl

mrmo
    Free Member

write a letter, saying you want it back, have a look on moneysavingexpert for templates. But beaware they may try and stall, claim you accepted it etc.

Just do not except no for an answer. if they refuse to budge you will have the option of going to the ombudsman, and usually they will loose. It took me about 12months to get a resolution.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

You weren’t mis-sold it then were you? You had it explained to you and you decided not to take it up. If you also have proof (your receipt) that you didn’t want it then you should get your money back I would have thought but I wouldn’t go down the mis-selling route. You simply didn’t want it.

Or is all this stuff about mis-selling simply badly named for simpletons like me?

wwaswas

If it’s a direct debit to a bank account and not the amount you were told then complain to your bank. They’ll refund immediately under Direct Debit guarantee. you cna then pay the amount you want to over the phone until the credit co. sorts out the correct DD.

hora
    Free Member

OP- did they ask you to sign a form confirming that they had offered you payment protection (just to confirm that you’d turned it down?)

If it was a car?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘mis-sold payment protection insurance’ is closed to new replies.