• This topic has 69 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Miranda…again
  • Lifer
    Free Member

FeeFoo – Member
    I believe that this quote “and Miranda is a truly ugly cow as well” from a comment below that article goes some way to why *some* people don’t like it.

Not suggesting anyone on here is like that, oh no.

Yes everyone who dislikes Miranda is just shallow. I only laugh at attractive people.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

As I said *some*, i.e. not all.

Don’t take it personally.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Would it be better to watch because she was fit as (but still not funny)

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Arguing about comedy is as pointless as arguing about music…

But then again I enjoy pointlessness, so let’s keep going.

*awaits predictable pointless/miranda comparison*

rascal
    Free Member

Clearly everyone has different takes on what is ‘funny’ as I knew when I posted this.
    I don’t find her remotely funny – more silly like a little girl – the fact she is fugly is mere coincidence.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I don’t find her remotely funny

I think most people got the gist in your original post.

CountZero

FeeFoo – Member
    I fail to see any humour in someone who repeatedly falls over, or off things, in order to get a laugh.
    You might fail, but I succeed.

She’s funny. FACT!
    No she isn’t. Fact. Dave Allen, funny. Fact. Stephen Wright, funny. Fact. Emo Phillips, funny. Fact.
    Miranda, toe-curling, elbow-sweating, embarrassingly un-funny. Fact.
    Lifer’s quote and link nicely sums her up, so thanks for that.
    Oh, and how she looks is totally irrelevant, I honestly don’t care. She fails to even make me smile, let alone laugh, so as a comic, she’s a total failure. Jennifer Saunders, on the other hand, does, as does Dawn French.
    Women with actual talent shock!

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Yes, she IS funny. SUPER-FACT!

The other people you mention are/were also funny.

Edric64
    Free Member

. Stephen Wright, funny. Fact. Emo Phillips,

I have never heard of these two people are they in the mainstream?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I think she’s ‘quite’ funny. I think the OP feels the same way about Miranda as I do about Frank Skinner who should be re-named Richard Cranium.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Family guy is OK. It all went downhill after the two ronnies.

The episode of family guy with the two ronnies in was hilarious…

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Miranda is awful. Much enjoyed by women of a certain age. My missus, for
    instance.

Not Going Out – same clumsy obvious telegraphed ‘jokes’ which approach so slowly it’s like watching the tide coming in. Emo and Steven Wright were great; in the 80’s.

I rewatched Black Books on Lovefilm on Friday night. Brilliant.

stewartc
    Free Member

Miranda is the reason I left the country FACT

zippykona

She must know some serious dirt on some telly execs. There is no other way she would get a programme.
    There again she is what she is. Main stream crap for the idiot masses to watch. If she wasn’t on they would just show repeats of that **** Mccyntyre.
    Light switches what’s that all about? They go on,they go off I wish they’d make their minds up. Cue hysterical laughter.
    There you go mccyntyre more comedy gold for you.

headfirst
    Free Member

Her style of comedy is rather old fashioned, and so those who feed themselves a strict diet of “more up to the minute”, “edgy” and “clever” comedy, such as Family Guy etc look down their noses at her.

I myself favour a balanced diet.

RustySpanner

Here we go again.

The last time we did this someone claimed he didn’t like Miranda because his sense of humour was ‘too
    sophisticated’.

Now she’s the opiate of the mindless masses.

This says far more about you than it does about her.
    And not in a good way either.

Seriously, if you genuinely feel that way about a bit of gentle, harmless, self depreciating slapstick you have issues.

athgray
    Free Member

I suppose her target audience is mainly female. My wife likes her. Not really my cup of tea, but sometimes raises a chuckle. She is nowhere near the worst comedy out there.

hmanchester
    Free Member

Not funny.

It takes a bit more than a fat bird falling over to make me laugh.

MrSmith
    Free Member

She is nowhere near the worst comedy out there.

That’s possibly Jim Davidson or Jethro

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Main stream crap for the idiot masses to watch.

You sound lovely, can we be friends?

Junkyard
    Free Member

It takes a bit more than a fat bird falling over to make me laugh.

How much misogyny do you need to chuckle?

I dont find her funny but i dont feel the need to disrespect her either

hmanchester
    Free Member

Almost there, but not quite.

If I were a misogynist then it probably would make me laugh at her made up misfortune.

Junkyard
    Free Member

So then you respect the “birds” especially the fat ones…mmm who is the least funny you or her…tough one to call that
    etc.

Just say she is not funny rather than show that you are not and that you have the touch of Jim davidson

ivornardon2
    Free Member

Ok, so most of us agree that

a) she’s a bit of a dog

and

b) an unfunny bit of a dog.

So how is it she just got bunged an MBE in the queen’s honours?

CaptJon
    Free Member

3 million viewers a week and 11 million at Christmas. She must be doing something right.

hmanchester
    Free Member

You’ve lost me in a cloud of righteousness.

What I’m saying is that I don’t find women falling over funny at any point. I guess different people have different senses of humour. Miranda is funnier to you than me. That’s great, different strokes for different folks.

MrSmith
    Free Member

3 million viewers a week and 11 million at Christmas. She must be doing something right.

Madonna, Mumford and sons, Justin Beiber and Michael bublé do O.k. Out of the entertainment business doesn’t mean their music/singing is palatable to everyone.

robdob
    Free Member

My wife and I like the mainstream comedy stuff. We don’t like crude stuff so a lot of the mainstream stuff we like. McCintyre (sp!!) is quite funny as well as a lot of the famous ones. Don’t care what someone looks like, if they make me laugh that’s job done for me.
    Now this Miranda woman, oh my word is she bad. We used to watch Not Going Out – first series was ace with the American woman in it, she left and I didn’t think the replacement was as good but it was still good enough. However we stopped watching it as Miranda started in it and she was so bad I just couldn’t watch it anymore.
    When she got her own show I kinda thought “maybe if she has her own show it might be ok, more tailored to her”. But I watched a bit of of and it was even worse.
    I don’t think she would have been funny 30 years ago, she’s that bad. I just cannot understand how she has become famous. It defies belief. She unfunny and so annoying I want to jab sharp things in my ears so I can become deaf. Thankfully I can just change channel! But she is so bad even the ads for her show make me annoyed!

FeeFoo
    Free Member

I find it odd the vitriol she seems to attract from certain people.

The only comments I’ve seen are either that she’s ugly or fat or both or that her humour is entirely restricted to falling over.
    Enlightening.

She’s both likeable and funny (particularly the falling over bits) – ULTRA-FACT!

Drac

As this thread is turning unpleasent I’m closing it.

Mega-Fact.

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Miranda…again’ is closed to new replies.