Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Miracle of miracles!
  • prawny

I’ve just managed to seat a ghetto tubeless tyre with my trackpump, fingers crossed it’s sealing up now on the bucket and I can give it an inaugural ride out before work in the morning.

I’m giddy with excitement. (Or I could be light headed from frantic pumping)

molgrips
    Free Member

It’ll be flat by morning. It needs riding now.

Northwind

Seating’s not the hard part with ghetto generally, it’s getting it to work reliably when riding that gives people trouble… But it’s a good start!

prawny

I think it’s my third attempt, I’ve got them to hold air before, it’s just been too much of a faff to seat them before.

I think this is a good combo too to be honest, I had a pinch flat last week, and it stayed up for a while after I heard the twang, I’d still got a couple of rolls of gorilla tape as rim tape and I think the partially inflated tube kept the bead sealed. I’ve got a good feeling about this one.

But yeah it’ll be flat by 5.

prawny

Oh balls, I’d put the fckin tyre on the wrong way round.

prawny

It worked!!! 😀

cloudnine
    Free Member

prawny – Member 
    Oh balls, I’d put the fckin tyre on the wrong way round.

Inside out?

JoeG
    Free Member

Are the valve and logo properly aligned? 👿

Tracker1972
    Free Member

JoeG – Member
    Are the valve and logo properly aligned?

How can he tell, it’s inside out isn’t it?

matt_outandabout

It’s better than the rim being upside down….

prawny

It was on back to front. Valve and logos properly aligned when I turned it round as it was a bit off before. Managed to drain and reuse the creamy muck muck without making any mess too. Happy days.

Went for a short ride this morning, seeing as it had held air OK, seems fine. Hopefully give it a more thorough test tomorrow morning.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Miracle of miracles!’ is closed to new replies.